Help needed on Re gear 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening fellas, anybody with the knowhow want to make some decent cash and help out with
a regear? Pretty sure my front is about to give out. It's a 97 and is my daily driver. I got a few quotes and
they aren't conducive to a guy with 4 kids. Offers and suggestions are more than welcomed. Mark

What kind of tooling do you have available?
it's one of those projects that go "while yer in there..." and the scope of it can get very large, quick. Have you watched the videos on Youtube and the threads on here?
Pulling the pumpkins and axle shafts out, re-doing the pinions seals, setting pre-loads...
back and forth, checking the paint, very time intensive stuff.
Probably should get Drive shafts balanced since everything they are connecting to is going to be fresh, and rebuild the Joints.

I'd look into a full brake job also, rotors turned (actually just replace them) new pads, gaskets and rebuild kits from OEM parts guys and a poster from Wits End to show you the torque specs.
Each axle could take a whole day. Sure guys will tell you they get it done in 4 hours, but that's going real quick with everything at hand.

Do you have lifts? Jack stands, all the fluids? Brake bleeder? Bearing press tool, inner axle seal puller? something to remove a jacked up race with?

I dont mean to sound like you are incapable of this job, it's just a ton of work, and time is worth money. Especially if you have to have it rolling again Monday morning.
On the other hand, it's a great experience, invaluable knowledge and gives you a peace of mind about your rig.

Get a few guys together, bribe them with tacos and beers and you can get it done.

Not really sure if your post is an offer or a suggestion....or either. Have you actually done yours yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom