Help!!! Need To Shut Off Alarm Without Remote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

My wife seems to have lost the key and remote for the 1996 80 with the factory alarm. I have a spare key and a spare remote. The problem is I have never programed the remote. (She lost a key last year and we just used the second key and remote. I bought a new key and remote but I never bothered to progam the new remote, having put it in the drawer to do later).

I need to know:

1) How do I get in the car and shut of the alarm so I can drive it.

2) Is there anything special I need to do to reset the alarm to take the new remote?

Thanks

Cary

Turn on the engine, turn it off and turn it back on real quick.

To program the remote, look under the drivers seat and you will see somthing that you can poke a paperclip in. If I recall, you stick a paper clip in it and while you are holding it, press and hold the remote button Here is a link with the exact details

http://hdcruisers.angeltowns.net/RS3000/RS3000 OwnersGuide.pdf

Thanks Romer. Do I need to close the door or anything before I start the motor, or just hop in start it, shut off and start again? I assume after this, it will act like the alarm was never activated.

Thanks

Cary

Here is a qoute from Beowulf I found with Searcg

Beowulf said:
Jason,
If you're going through batteries that fast you might have a stuck button. Something is draining the FOB battery unusually fast.

I'll also suggest that you read the manual again. :D

When you unlock with the key the alarm will sound (bizarre behaviour but normal.) You can insert the key in the ignition and turn it on, off, on, off. That should disable the alarm.

-B-

Here is the whole thread, it provides additional info on programming.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=50408

Yes, this will de-activate the alrm until its armed again by the FOB

Thanks

Cary

Do not actually try to start it, that won't do it. Turn the key to "on" then "off" twice in succession. that will silence the alarm and return nornal function.

Thanks Dan. Assuming they haven't found the key at the resteraunt where my wife lost it (I am confident in them since it just happens I represent the owner), you can be expecting a second order for a key and remote tommorrow.

Cary, if you have the RS 3000 alarm system then to program the FOB:

1. Turn key to on position (don't start engine)

2. Locate small green recessed button on black box under drivers seat and use a paper clip or something similar to press and hold the button in until you see the red "led" light up on the dash.

3. Now press either the top or bottom button on your FOB (whichever one you intend to use) once, and turn key in ignition to off.

HINT: From the time the red "led" lights up until the time you press the button on the FOB and turn the key to the off postion....no more than 5 seconds can elapse, or you get to do it all over again.

These instructions will program your FOB to lock and unlock your vehicle only.

There is a myriad of functions that can be programmed into the alarm system besides this.

cruiserdan said:
Do not actually try to start it, that won't do it. Turn the key to "on" then "off" twice in succession. that will silence the alarm and return nornal function.
That's good to know.

Just dumb luck, I'm sure, but whenever my fob battery dies, it's when the rig has been locked via fob.

I found out the hard way that the 3rd attempt at starting works -- essentially on/off 3 times.

Based on what you just said, CDan...it now makes sense why.

:)

It's them pink shoes you wear....:rolleyes:

cruiserdan said:
It's them pink shoes you wear....:rolleyes:
I'm thinking about making up a pair (high tops this time) of Orange and Black with IH8MUD on either the side or the back -- which do you prefer -- mostly black or mostly orange?

I like the mostly orange ones, personally...

:D :flipoff2: :D
IH8MUD_Chuck_Taylors2.JPG
IH8MUD_Chuck_Taylors.JPG

Thanks for the help guys. I got home yesterday and hopped on the bike and rode to get the 80. Opened it with the key, put it in the ignition and on/offed it twice. Went right off and was then able to start it.

About 1 hour after I got back home we received a call from one the other wifes in the playgroup that my wife had lunch with. Turns out her 22 month old had taken the key when she was playing and dropped in mommy's purse. Mommy was calling everyone trying to figure out who it belonged to.

Thanks

Cary

P.S. I programmed the new remote last night, so I now have two remotes and functioning keys.

NorCalDoug said:
I'm thinking about making up a pair (high tops this time) of Orange and Black with IH8MUD on either the side or the back -- which do you prefer -- mostly black or mostly orange?

I like the mostly orange ones, personally...

:D :flipoff2: :D

Definitely the orange ones...:D

And in what can only be called irony, I just had to search for this thread, as wife 2.0 left for three days and took the keys with her and I need to disarm the alarm with the spare key. Still have the same truck though!!!!

Wife 2.0:rofl:. We all need a training marriage.

Funny part is she still married me despite me knocking her tooth out by accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom