Help - Need to buy, borrower, or rent a crank pully tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Muders,

I live in Roseville, CA and am in the middle of installing a supercharger. The crank pully tool I have is the wrong one and no one currently offers a pully holder for sale.

Does any one have a holder that I can buy or borrow? Willing to pay for shipping both ways.

Not able to bump start since its pulled apart.

Thanks in advance!

When I removed and installed the crank pulley on my 1FZFE I used the "socket on a flex plate bolt" method. I'm not sure what state of disassembly you are in but if the engine is still bolted to the trans this method should work.

You pull the inspection cover at the front of the transmission, below the oil pan on the engine. Looking from the engine, towards the transmission, and into the area uncovered when you removed the inspection cover you should see the flex plate and one/more bolts. You may have to turn the engine a small amount to get a bolt positioned where you need it but then you can place a deep socket over a flex plate bolt and it will brace against the transmission/bell housing and stop the crank from rotating. You'll put the socket on different bolts when you are removing or tightening the crank pulley nut, based on which side of the inspection port you want to brace against.

I have one but it’s massive! Home made. They are easy to make if you have a welder?

D972AF4F-AA19-4C8F-8B60-5585EEC018BC.jpeg

When I removed and installed the crank pulley on my 1FZFE I used the "socket on a flex plate bolt" method. I'm not sure what state of disassembly you are in but if the engine is still bolted to the trans this method should work.

You pull the inspection cover at the front of the transmission, below the oil pan on the engine. Looking from the engine, towards the transmission, and into the area uncovered when you removed the inspection cover you should see the flex plate and one/more bolts. You may have to turn the engine a small amount to get a bolt positioned where you need it but then you can place a deep socket over a flex plate bolt and it will brace against the transmission/bell housing and stop the crank from rotating. You'll put the socket on different bolts when you are removing or tightening the crank pulley nut, based on which side of the inspection port you want to brace against.
I did this as well. Works great if your engine is still mated to the transmission.

Hey Muders,

I live in Roseville, CA and am in the middle of installing a supercharger. The crank pully tool I have is the wrong one and no one currently offers a pully holder for sale.

Does any one have a holder that I can buy or borrow? Willing to pay for shipping both ways.

Thanks in advance!
I live in Orangevale, we're neighbors.
When I did mine I didn't need a holder. I used a 1/2" pneumatic Ingersoll Rand impact. 80 gallon tank, set to ~120psi. Gave it about a minute, and shazam!
Worth a try.

Hey Muders,

Thanks in advance!
Did you get one? I have one I bought from CPA cruiser if it’ll help you. I’m in TN though so expect it to take 2-3 days shipping it USPS flat rate

Did you get one? I have one I bought from CPA cruiser if it’ll help you. I’m in TN though so expect it to take 2-3 days shipping it USPS flat rate
Thank you for the offer. Another member already loaned me his tool. Grateful for help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom