help. need quick estimate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
im going to check out a mustard 40 series from new zealand in 30 minutes. its a 79 diesel and i believe it has a 5 speed. it also has a new paint job with no rust anywhere. its has the factory pto winch. the old tires suck though. looks like new seats and has the hard top on it.

what do you guys think its worth. what should i offer? hes asking 9500. is tht a good price?

Could be anything under "New Paint". Always skeptical unless they have tons of photos to document the resto. Get the pics and post them. Also, is it RHD?

9500 is too much!
It would have to be original and mint ot be worth that.
Here, no one would do a resto on one so dont assume that much care went into it.
7000 max.
Do remember when you buy it that you can get 1/9 back from the NZ govt when you export it.

If it's in Wellington I can check it out for you - there are other guys from NZ (in other areas) also if you ask...

yes its RHD. i test drove it today. its a beast for sure. suspension is really stiff. it shifts pretty well. good clutch. missing the boots for the shifters. missing spare tire. the lights work. the rest of the electronics are questionable. winshieldwipers dont work and not many gauges function. odom works and says around 80,000. i dont know if thats miles or km. and the diesel h55 was swapped in. not original parts. new front bench seat. everywhere i look i dont see any rust. im not sure about the front windshield and roof though. i cant tell if the roof was fixed up or not. its new paint but it looks like by the windshield it was almost joined together or something. like at the corner where they join. i dont know exactly how thats supposed to work. oh and it was interesting driving without power steering.

i dunno. i bet the guy would take 8 but im just not sure if this is the right one.

and no pics sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom