Help need,,, 2f engine turn over with no oil (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I trying turn over 2f engine (with .5 head) with starter for few seconds (without plugs)
It is rotate flywheel but very slowly. Can't read compression.
No oil in engine. I do used Permatex lube on all bearings.
I can turn over by bar with 32-38 ft/Lb torque. Do this torgue number is too high for this engine?
Should I try it with oil (10W30?) or I have to back to "high" torque issue first?

IMG_1749.jpeg

Why would you try to turn it over with the plugs in, making compression....with no oil in it?
no plugs .. I have remove them during test (this picture before test)

so the engine is tight with no plugs?
sounds like a rebuild is in order.
This is my concern...I hope the starter will take it.
How tight it should be? I see many video,... people used a bar to turn it over ..
but I can't find any definition of "tight"...

Last edited:
as I understand it, you did rebuild this engine. with assembly lube, and now it's hard to turn over. How about just squirting some oil down the sparkplug holes to lube the rings and cylinders? a newly rebuilt engine will be hard to rotate, I don't recall the torque specs though...

If you can’t turn it with that breaker bar, you have some engine problems....
For clear description.. I can able to turned over pulley by two hands.. but not by one..

Last edited:
That does not sound out of the ordinary.
I have added engine oil today and prime oil pump with drill. I also add some oil down the sparkplug holes.
Pulley turn over much smoother.
I guess the problem with starter. Starter should able trurn flywheel even with plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom