Help near Lookout Butte /Kooskia Grangeville steering link broke! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jmcclusk

SILVER Star
Threads
by chance is anyone near Kooskia/Grangeville and has a steering link end? One of mine popped in the forest up on Lookout Butte fire lookout. I have another car in our group I can come meet, just afraid auto parts near here won't have it...

Potentially a free night stay at Lookout Butter Monday night if you bring the part up here monday... :)

Thanks,
John

Year and model (assuming FJ55) or are they all the same? The end that goes in the pitman arm? Got a pic?

IDave is in McCall, has a 40 and 45, may have spares, he's a bit closer to you than me (Boise) not sure he's on here much anymore though.

Thanks for the reply. I called around to autoparts places and none have it. Its an FJ60. I wonder if they are the same as 55/45/40 series...

@IDave is this something you might have a spare of for an FJ60?
20200830_103523.jpg

Don't think those are the same as those on a 40/55-series. Cruiser Outfitters has those in stock. I just had to abandon my BJ75 in Baker City last week due to a failed tie-rod end. I ordered from C.O. on Monday and had the new parts on Wed. maybe you could get them over-nighted to an address near you today?

And this tool works great, if you can get a hold of one, I highly recommend it.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone, I got it hobbled together enough to limp it into Lewiston where the Toyota Dealership there flew out the parts from Portland. FYI, the diagram the dealerships use has part numbers mixed up for the upper end of the relay link and the lower end... which led to a second day of waiting for Parts. The guy showed me the diagram and then the system they use has the numbers switched! Anyways, real lesson here is to check the steering links for cotter pins and that they're adjusted... now I am wiser haha. After adjusting the new one and the upper one, the steering so was so smooth and nice! haha, I had been living with a loose link progressively worse for a while now... Anyways, thanks! and carry spares! and lots of bailing wire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom