Help me understand the appeal. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I traded my 2019 Lc200 for a 2022 Ford Raptor.

I’m here more then the raptor forums and on autotrader looking for the right lc200/lx570 to trade back into.

The LC200 is such a well built vehicle. No rattles, solid as can be and you don’t ever have the thought of it breaking down on you.

Being in the gen3 raptor, it: rattles, loud cabin noise, weird transmission 10spd, seats aren’t as comfy, auto wipers suck, thought of it breaking down constantly, rougher ride, suspension clunky, infotainment dash always resets, auto head lights stay on 75% of the time when it’s sunny. Just a lot of little weird things that starts to wear on you.

The lc200 never had any issues. I miss it.

You really won’t know till you trade out of it. Then you start kicking yourself like me.

Forgot to mention the build quality. Far superior. They didn’t cheap out on anything in the lc200. The ford well, it’s pretty cheap.

2019, ouch! Wasn’t an HE but still a great updated and relatively rare late run year. Did you sell it above msrp in the wild market?

I made this thread to get talked out of making some type of similarly regrettable mistake!

Was the Raptor at least fun for its lack of quality though? Had to have some redeeming qualities…

Nothing you said is new. People latch on to the AMAZING marketing the Big 3 have and those that have some technical background or automotive acumen realize all American made cars/trucks are absolute junk.
Dodge Ram has been good for the family. Had a 98' 5.2 165k 18 years only major repair was suspension components. Pops had a 2500 5.7 almost 500k miles and still going. Ram 2500 6.7 diesel 100k miles no issues. Friends with Ford and GMC have had issues don't even hold onto their trucks for more than 4 years.

2019, ouch! Wasn’t an HE but still a great updated and relatively rare late run year. Did you sell it above msrp in the wild market?

I made this thread to get talked out of making some type of similarly regrettable mistake!

Was the Raptor at least fun for its lack of quality though? Had to have some redeeming qualities…
I got more than what I paid which was why I let it go.

The raptor is definitely fun with all its features and looks stunning. I put some volk te37xt’s with 37” tires and leveling kit. Looks really good But like I mentioned earlier, it comes with really bad quality, unreliability and doubts. I’ve had a lot of vehicles and the lc200 is the goat.

For me it's not reliability in terms of, this thing will never need anything but oil changes and brake pads for 500k miles. That's not realistic.

It's (earned) trust that it will at least get me home.

I was a die hard Jeep and Land Rover guy. Every single vehicle I owned left me stranded somewhere very remote, at least once, necessitating inconvenient and sometimes dangerous extractions back to civilization. For any old school CO locals that saw the LR3 stranded at the top of the punch bowl on Schofield pass for 3 months. My bad. That was me.

After that I seriously considered giving up offroad exploration in anything but dirt bikes and my own 2 legs. My buddy talked me into a 2008 FJ cruiser Trail Teams after the LR3 fiasco and now I'm two LX570's further down the Toyota rabbit hole and have never been left high and dry by any of them.

Across all three vehicles I have:
Replaced rear control arms on the FJ that I taco'd slamming them into 2ft rock ledges over and over in Moab. (Still wheeled 3 more days and drove home perfectly even with the front axle shifted 2 inches forward)
Replaced radiators in both LX's. My 2008 had cracks showing, my 2013 I knew it was coming and did radiator, serpentine belt and tensioner pulley immediately upon purchase.
About lost my mind chasing down a buzzing sound in the cabin of my 2013 LX only to find the amplifier under the drivers seat had sucked some leaves into the fan. A shot of compressed air later and no noise.

Aside from those items it has been nothing but standard scheduled maintenance. For 300k+ miles spanning 15 years I think that is pretty fantastic. I certainly did more than that after a single outing in most of my Jeeps and Rovers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom