help me price these black pearl badges from a 40th anniversary (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

txgringo

SILVER Star
Threads
I have the 3 rear badges available from a 40th anniversary. A guy that is buying some other parts from me was asking about these badges (which I had not intended to sell) but now my circumstances have me considering selling. My challenge is that I have no idea what these are worth and can't find any recent comps. Has anyone bought/sold any of these badges recently?

The set that I have is the following from the rear of the vehicle:

tailgate sombrero badge
4wd badge 00577-60971
the long "Land Cruiser" strip (aka LAND CRUISER REAR HATCH EMBLEM)

These are in decent shape, although not mint. If anyone has any insight into what a fair price would be for these I would greatly appreciate it.

20191207_154103.jpg

20191207_154106.jpg

20191207_154039.jpg

20191207_154136.jpg

20191207_154110.jpg

I need em if you're selling them. I'll let others offer advice on what you should charge.

To be fair, I have to give the other buyer first right of refusal once I figure out a price. I just have no idea of what these are worth as I think new OEM dried up several years ago.

Here ya go.

Thanks. I see they list the "back door ornament" in the black pearl but I think the other parts are just chrome. I was under the impression that ALL of these badges/emblems in this color had dried up long ago. I may have to check on that emblem to see if it's still available!

Used: condition is everything, are they already off the vehicle?
New Old Stock: I paid $600 ?6-8 years ago for a full set (NOS in original packaging).

given the condition I think $350 is fair.

I had no starting point if reference but prob wouldn't have guessed anything over $100 or the set. Lol. Obv I have no idea but wow, is this particular one made if solid gold?

I had no starting point if reference but prob wouldn't have guessed anything over $100 or the set. Lol. Obv I have no idea but wow, is this particular one made if solid gold?

They were kind of rare to begin with because very few 80s had this color badging and they've been out of stock for a long time. If I didn't need cash right now I'd be hanging onto them for another ten years...

I also have a set of these I am selling plus the three that say collector's edition. If his sell and you still after a set hit me up.

IMHO I don't think a used original set would be worth anywhere near $350.

I understand that most cruiser owners wouldn't pay the premium that a rare item like this would bring with buyers who want these specific badges. If I'm being honest, the slight difference from these and the chrome wouldn't be enough to push me to pay the premium for these badges. However, I'm primarily looking for input from those who have bought/sold these recently or know of some that have been sold.

They were kind of rare to begin with because very few 80s had this color badging and they've been out of stock for a long time. If I didn't need cash right now I'd be hanging onto them for another ten years...

I get it. Scarcity makes sense on paper. It's probably just that I've never had the restore/keep things original and/or nice mentality as a vehicle owner. I go for reliable and available. Then I wheel them hard.

Hope you're able to hold out long enough for a fair price!

I'm looking on a couple Toyota parts pages and I see the rear lift gate "Toyota landcruiser" badge for the 40th Ann but the rest of the badges are 95-97..... is there a difference in the liftgate badge? what are people doing to keep them correct in the event of accidents or theft?

The same difference as the badges. On the normal one it is black with silver chrome letters and on the 40th it is black with black chrome letters

ahh....well I ordered the placard....I'm on the prowl for the rest....I have all gold badges and I hate gold.....

tempImagezPmbtl.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom