Help me price my rig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok i might have to sell my baby. If you are a regular on here it should be familiar, this one is the Green 1973, Im thinking of posting it on E-BAY, i think that should bring the most Money as i have some stupid debt to pay off.

1973 with 79,800 original miles, the top has never been off and it is all original with the exception of a 2.5 bds lift and a weber carb (I do have thea stock aisin that needs a rebuild) oh and 33x9x15 BFG MT's, needs a rear sill, but it has minimal rust, this is a 3 owner cruiser im the 3rd, the second owner had it for 21 yrs in the Boulder Colorado mountains he used it to get around there in the winter. I have the factory tool kit and the original spare tire and wheel that has never touched the ground oh and the trouble light that came with it also.
here are some pics.

Last edited:
some more pics

Last edited:
It also has the factory AM Radio, uncut dash.
Thanks.

Very nice! Shame you have to sell.

Would like to see lots more pictures.

You've been on mud for a while. What do you think you could get for it? Here's what I'd do:

Wash/Wax
Fix your hood bumpers
Put in original seats
Take a pile of poser pics with it on the trail

I'd guess if you did all that with a really good write up, $10k is not unreasonable.

Whoops! edit--- did not see the last picture of the sill... price just dropped $5k

I would say around 6k if it is in good mechanical condition, maybe a bit more. A lot depends on how much time you have to sell it. Patience can be a profitable virtue when selling an older vehicle.

$11k - Really? With that much rust on the backside?
I can't wait to sell mine then because it has no rust.

On ebay, I think the $6k range would be about right.

Personally, I wouldn't go that high though with that must rust, but I'm in AZ and see non-rust vehicles go for less.

Nice cruiser. I would have to say if I saw it for anything less than 4,500 I would really look at buying it on the spot. That said a good running, mostly original cruiser, with a known history, in Colorado...

I would say somewhere in the 6+ range.

Some of my drawbacks are that it is an early 40, no disks, 3 speed, F engine, non aisin carb (although you have it).

How does it drive? That makes a big difference to me if it steers, brakes and runs straight...

Good luck, nice looking cruiser, I hope it isn't a sad story two years from now that you wish you found another way to pay down your debt.

Rezarf <><

Yeah,
Sucks i really dont want to sell it, but sometimes you do what you gotta do. It is in great mechanical shape.

This is the best driving cruiser i have ever had tight steering, and brakes well, no rattles. The seats are factory , i just have some different headrests.

Last edited:
REZARF said:
Some of my drawbacks are that it is an early 40, no disks, 3 speed, F engine, non aisin carb (although you have it).

i think this is the selling point of the vehicle! that is a wicked piece of history that hasn't been touched like most cruisers on ebay, none of that v8 soa stuff. i agree with a good 6 grand. there are people out there willing to pay that much money (maybe more) for an untouched landcruiser that they can mold any way they want. and really, just rust on the sill? that isn't bad at all. it's not like the whole tub needs replacing. it's sad to see you have to pass it on.

So if i post it on Ebay, do i set a reserve?
Anyone know the best way to do the auction thing?

no reserve tends to get more bidders but then you dont want to sell it for cheap you know, you sell it for no reserve then if the lowest bid is too low have a buddy bid on it for you, jack the price up.

6K with that much rust is not likely..

Mace said:
6K with that much rust is not likely..

I agree. That's not just the sill that's rusted - the quarter panels are shot too. With the rust showing like that on the outside of the quarter the support pieces under the body panel will probably be worse.
i'd bet that there's rust to be found in several places on that truck and I'd have to really want that model and color to go over $3K

Ebay might be the best bet but it'll be dependent on what else listed at the same time. There's often fairly nice green early cruisers in there so the bidders will be looking at them all and going for what THEY think is the best one.

My opinion, and you asked.

Opinions are appreciated, but 1k-2k is absurd.
thanks

But those hubcaps add an easy grand.

Considering that my first was a 73 with similar to a bit worse body condition for $3500, and thought it was worth it, I'm gonna say $4500 is where I'd top out on that one. That is of course everything that we can't see is in great shape, if not then I'd keep coming down.

Did someone say 11K? :eek:

HawkDriver said:
But those hubcaps add an easy grand.

Considering that my first was a 73 with similar to a bit worse body condition for $3500, and thought it was worth it, I'm gonna say $4500 is where I'd top out on that one. That is of course everything that we can't see is in great shape, if not then I'd keep coming down.

Did someone say 11K? :eek:
LOL

You mean the ones you can buy from Toyota for like $75 for a brand new full set???

1-2K is low.

3-4 is probably about right. Depending on how much more rust it has..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom