Help me identify this noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2010 LX 570 (sadly we don't get the mighty LC up here in Canada). The truck is in perfect condition except this weird "flapping" noise while accelerating between 1.5k to 3.5k RPM. It seems like that it is coming from the steering wheel/cluster area. I checked all the belts and moving parts in engine bay and could not find anything that can make this noise.

1- It only happens when the car is moving
2- only happens during acceleration
3- it is not that loud so it might not be obvious in the video but it sounds like the flapping noise a floor fan makes when something is touching the blades.

I understand that it might just be a loose fastener on a plastic part or wheel liner rattling but I'm trying to make sure it is not something serious.

TIA!

Sounds like the exhaust to me. I refer to it like a piece of rice rattling in a can. I was told it's normal and it's the catalytic converter doing its job. I've heard similar on other V8 trucks too. I could be wrong. Just my two cents...

Sounds like the exhaust to me. I refer to it like a piece of rice rattling in a can. I was told it's normal and it's the catalytic converter doing its job. I've heard similar on other V8 trucks too. I could be wrong. Just my two cents...
Just found out today that if I turn the ECT switch ON, the noise is gone (or at least very minimal). I'm guessing with the ECT the engine/exhaust mapping is different than normal mode and less restricted, so whatever the Cats were doing that made the noise is gone with the ECT mapping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom