Help me ID this part ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

g-man

SILVER Star
Threads
Changed my oil today 87 2f motor, after a recent cylinder head replacement. Mopping out some old oil from the oil filter mount and this thing popped out. Looking at the amount of sludge build up on it I assume it is from my engine and not from an old filter. Looks like a brass bushing. Inside is smooth but looks like some striations...or wear marks.

20190503_133632.jpg

20190503_133533.jpg

I'm not 100% on this but it looks like the little stand-off mounts for the Coolant pipe the bolts to the head. They keep the pipe mounting flange away from the head slightly to clear the lip. Prolly fell into that black hole when the head was removed.

I'm not 100% on this but it looks like the little stand-off mounts for the Coolant pipe the bolts to the head. They keep the pipe mounting flange away from the head slightly to clear the lip. Prolly fell into that black hole when the head was removed.
Spike...the head was removed with the coolant pipe still in place. You saying there was supposed to be a spacer under the pipe?

judging from the amount of sludge on it, the piece prob came from the lifter area or the top of the head. The inside of the piece and the one end were shiny but the rest was covered in sludge.

I'm with @Seth S. I've never seen that part before. It's not part of the head or valve train or air cleaner assembly. For what it's worth... I found a hand tap inside the water jacket of my cylinder head / WTF?

That spacer you found doesn't go anywhere on the alternator tensioning apparati

Beno nailed it.

@Spike Strip is On the $ tonight :cool:

those " Collars " are indeed standoff's that allow the Coolant Yellow Brass pipes Mounting Tabs to Clear the engine Side Valve Lifter Cover

Pressed sheet-metal Lip or Rim

i bet u find a 12mm hex bolt in its place as a substitute ?

easy enough to re-install removing one 10mm hex bolt / nut at a time on oil cooler / heater bypass pipe

#54 in this SOR parts Diagram ..................

Ok. I thought Spike Strip was talking about the short vertical pipe on the top of the head. Now makes sense. So this goes on the stud #55 in the image. Then the pipe flange, then the nut. Probably fell off as I DID remove the pipe from the side cover to get it out of the way. I remember the stud falling off. I'm guessing the spacer fell too and it was sitting on the edge of the oil filter mount and when I went to wipe the excess oil out of the mount I knocked it in the oil drain pan.

Last edited:
Yes, heater pipe standoff bushing. Cad plating makes it look 'brassy'. Rough finished on lathe, leaves striations on OD. It will slide loosely over an M6 bolt, but won't go over an M8 bolt.

The spacer bushing for alternator adjuster mentioned above is super size version, will slide over an M10 bolt. Not used on USA FJ60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom