Help me. How? DIY extender swaybar links??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When i put my lift in front i put them same amount in my swaybar links also. I also just used threaded rod cut to length and some tubing over it. Without looking at it in the dark right now i think i used the stock end parts as in rubber pieces.

HTH

When you factor in the cost of the hardware you are going to need to buy to put something together yourself plus gas, you are going to be pretty close to the $16.95 MAF wants for the links.

been there done that

I went through this on my 60. I used all-thread, which broke first day on the trail. Then I used a center pin bolt. That worked pretty good. I had a 6" spring-under, my problems were much greater than sway bars. Just leave the back undone. Free-the rear and your mind will follow.

You haven't found aftermarket sway bar links for 60s because they didn't come from the factory with a sway bar in the rear. Putting one in the back is a custom job, which entails stealing a rear sway bar from a 62 I believe.

:beer:

GLTHFJ60 said:
You haven't found aftermarket sway bar links for 60s because they didn't come from the factory with a sway bar in the rear. Putting one in the back is a custom job, which entails stealing a rear sway bar from a 62 I believe.

See aviator and sig, I have a 62 and it gets driven on the street alot so I want to keep the rear swaybar.

Winslow.. How the world do you have a 6" SUA? And why?

GLTHFJ60 said:

Late model (85 & up) 60s have all the mounts for rear sway bars, but you are right, no sway bar.
Not much of a custom job but more of a bolt on.
When I mentioned the links I should have referenced the 62 in regards to the rear ones.
Sorry for any confusion :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom