Help me get new shoes for my LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tabraha

Hello My Name is: TAD
SILVER Star
Threads
Well, I tried the trusty search tool using "tires LX470" and got nada. Can I use the already posted info pertaining to 80's as far as considering tire sizes? I just need a set for on road and frequent but not killer off road stuff so I'm going to go with A/T KO's but wanted to max them out size wise. I'll get a second set of wheels down the road when things get ugly with the mods so the A/T's will be seeing the lion's share of the miles.

So, whats the biggest tire for my 470? Remember it has the air adjustable suspension so that is what is causing me to worry about upsizing too much on the stock suspension setup.

Thanks in advance,
Tad

Without any lift, I think you could easily get away with a 285/75 tire. The 295/75 may be too much. You may also wish to investigate a 255/85. It's slightly taller than the 285s...

[quote author=tabraha link=board=2;threadid=5619;start=msg44395#msg44395 date=1064411155]
LX470
[/quote]

Woops, need to read your post, it said 470, not 450, you may be able to bump up to a 305/70 or even a 295/75.,

There was a recent thread on the 4runner forum on 4x4wire whereby readers recommended the Bridgestone Dueller Revo's over the BFG AT KO's...a few said for the BFG's, the first half of the tread had good traction, but the second half was like driving w/ slicks. I've had good luck w/ my Pro Comp AT's (at least the first half of the tread), but will probably try the Dueller Revo's next. Anyways, just thought I'd mention it...
http://www.4x4wire.com/forums/showf...43635&page=6&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Thanks for the link! I'm glad you mentioned the Duelers. I've run 32 x 11.50's on a 92 4Runner I used to have they were fantastic. I think I may ride down to a tire store and see if they can guestimate whether a 295 or 305 will work.

Tad,

Christo has a 100 and is running larger than stock tires. You might visit with him re his experience.

D-

Good thinkin' !

24Sep2003 (UTC -7)

Here's my old website for my UZJ-100, specifically about my good experience with installing BFG All-Terrain tyres.

HTH!

OK gang, thanks for the great feedback, even down to the nearest .05" accuracy! I'm going to get the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's in a 285/75 tomorrow. My price is $672.12 mounted, balanced and out the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom