help me find these!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey ....im tryin to find throttle linkage bushings for the linkage outta a 74, i went to toyota today and they said they can find them on the drawing to order them for me, they also said you cant buy just the bushings. does anyone have a part # i can tell them to check for me........................thanks :confused:
DSCF0034.JPG
DSCF0035.JPG

Last edited:
Most autoparts stores carry a blisterpack of rubber grommets. You should be able to find a generic that fits. Electrical departments of a good hardware store have bin drawers full of them.

GL

Ed

Did you go there and see their screen and point to the part?

Is this it?:

bushing.jpg

My microfishe is not that clear and I think the part number is;

90386-08077

You'll need to double check with your parts guy/gal. cruiserdan (on this board) may be able to help you out. Keep in mind he helps folks out on the board when he is not super busy so be patient. You can find his contact info in the "vendors" section/

rubber grommets from hardware or auto store work great, if you dont like rubber the plastic door hinge grommets (bushings?) work equally nice

Yep a groment should go there, bottom pic. Sometimes this will intermittently keep the idle higher then usual. It's a pain tapping the pedal to make it go away. It's cheap enough that you can get them at Toyota...try a different year. I got them for a 79 recently. Maybe try a different dealer. It worked for me at the time :) . Also you can go to sor.com for a reference if you don't already have one on hand. Cruiser parts dot net may also have used ones.

Bushings go there?? :eek:

I need those, too...

nial

I think they really need to be rubber to allow for flex between the engine and firewall. Jes'gitcha' some grommets!

Ed

thanks guys, gromets seem the best way to go ill go get some......ill let yah know what i find when i get back. im off to pick up a cruiser i found in the bush 800 miles from where im at......

I used a generic gromet when I replaced mine, but could never find one with a perfect fit. If I tried one with the proper outside diameter, the inside diameter would be too big or if the inside diameter was just right then the outside diameter would be a little small.
I finally went with the proper inside diameter and epoxied the outer edge to the bracket so it wouldn't pop out.

I got a rubber gromet from Napa. It was about a 1/2 inch tall and worked great on my 74.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom