Help me figure out what happened here (inherited electrical wiring) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, pulled my battery box out as I'm working on power steering hoses, and along the way decided to really look at what exactly goes into my positive battery terminal.

I'm fairly certain this isn't exactly showroom stock?
1600306846101.png

1600306871642.png

I gather this is all the fusible link stuff, but is this the way it's supposed to look?

TIA.

Forgot to mention, I'm in here to replace that power steering reservoir hose that's double clamped...got Joey's low pressure hose kit, just realized I didn't have good clamps for it so waiting on an Amazon delivery tomorrow.

Yours looks perfect compared to the cobbled up mess I had when I started working on mine. There was a single copper strand intact and it still ran. X2 on keeping a spare in the glove box.

Thanks guys. I actually did get the spare fusible link from Wit's End and toss it in the spares box in the back of the truck but I never actually looked that closely at what was going on in there, and I didn't know that the end of those junctions is inside the black box. The abrasion of the cloth sleeve coupled with the ziptie not too far down the bundle had me concerned. It's mostly making sense now!

It is one of the hackiest loooking bits of factory work on these things. Nobody thinks this was how they meant to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom