Help me edit/share GoPro footage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a little help. Got me a GoPro and some fun videos. But no fun to keep them to myself.

Got any tricks and tips on:
-Editing (quick edits, adding music)
-Sharing with friends
-Sharing with the 406 Cruiser Club (Youtube?). I have all 11 Dyno runs from Dark Horse.

What works for you? What's easy? What's a total pain, but worth the effort? I need a starting point.

I used to be a weekend warrior with video. I used adobe premier to edit. Once you invest the time learning the UI it has all the features you could ever need for weekend warrior editing. I liked it a lot and it seemed intuitive to me. It's gonna run you an adobe cloud subscription fee monthly though and that might not be worth the money depending on how much you use it. Outside of Premier I personally haven't used anything else.

@90WT i used Adobe Premier extensively about a decade ago. I agree there is an up front cost / learning curve.

I suspect you could easily use iMovie if you have a mac.

I’ve also done the super lazy route and just uploaded to my computer, trimmed using the GoPro app on my laptop and uploaded to YouTube.

If you are really lazy (no judgement), you can even use YouTube’s editing tools and just load it straight from your laptop.

Regardless good luck!!

@90WT I use Adobe Premiere on a daily basis for work and it is great. But I think it is probably overkill for you what you are trying to do.

Adobe has a really simple version of Premiere out know called Rush. It's 9.99/month and you get Photo Express w/ that and some cloud storage.

Another option I have heard about is Open Shot OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows! - https://www.openshot.org/ It's an open source video editor. I have not used it but why not check it out... You can run it on Mac, Windows or Linux.

- get a system that is easy to use and does not have a ton of bells and whistles that you will never use
- If you are going to add music and put it on Youtube try to get royalty free music... there are a bunch of libraries out there for music
- I would put them up on Youtube (it's a great place to share videos and everyone knows how to get to them)... 406 has an account we can add them to.

Hope that helps.

Mike

@90WT I recommend using the GoPro Quik app as well. If you're looking to quickly upload & share video, the GoPro app can literally do 80% of the work for you if you're not too picky about how your video is cut. I have experience video editing on Final Cut Pro back in the day and purchased a GoPro 10 this year. I've been REALLY impressed with how much editing you can get done with just the GoPro and the GoPro app - it's pretty amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom