Help me decide to Fix or Wheel Harder ? (1 Viewer)

So what would you do , if someone backed into your Hundy ?

• Get it fixed like new with the money

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Take the money and enjoy it some place else

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Dont take the money they are screwing you, fight for more

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Take the money and line x sides , then wheel harder

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So a teen backing out of her drive hit my Hundy and left me with damage on the back side and some scratches on the bumper. Everything still works , door is working .. Insurance company says they can fix it with $2,750 and wants to cut me a check.. They claim they have a panel and will make it new again. What would you do ? (of course rear light replacement is a must) This is on a truck that has seen some action and has other issues like hood , light rust in rocker.... 260K ..

I'm surprised that's all the estimate was. I'd go get a few more on your own to see if they are off. Then we have diminished value to deal with, cost of a rental if you were to get it fixed. I'd calculate all of that for a demand and not accept their initial offer.

I'm surprised that's all the estimate was

My guess, given the age and mileage, is that they're betting he's just going to pocket the check and not really fix the damage. Bet the actual cost to repair would be higher.

You would have more fun wheeling harder!

Ask for more $$ and continue to wheel it

Get a Dissent!

s3l0jf7Y3H6Goni0CUO9vur87lohVFle-NGYPe_NSRdyIqTxfC06HcksGpHm5DeDKymoq9rwts57y5kelf9BtSfyTTzvLG5YdYDe9XvmHDUcxnh4x9BSNCPKCVGiAx7WCTz3W0KNtIMNz4PEI5JVit66a8ykWE_FX6IIAuAhmQPbmro4NM7Fzhhoq9aEd4o0xlnWA3xoxlsByWkzFbkcSRQ6_6CXPcvDlWAWe0YZ8qaW8O9Te-gspqG7HGs7OF-4LOuDVdSPtRtI6Ttz3ifX8rsATxHVk3slQlngDQwuJQffh3xaqjMiII735XlkJlblBV-CP2-sFYiitkMdU5v20Y87YstjZ--pDPLCE1k7Znzvrij9LoKzTA9m8TAZOE2SDkLEYV5EpqrzNnFljv6PvN-Sea0saaYzWWzyLzOgcXVVbKP9dqBgqOWELyPaoMAieSTVrbgOhETlxmsMJOVvFuXY0yLlIMnG87UUnPtMuvCiNEHgnfT4eic_s1v58om6X0zB9EtjGBf_Aupu4BwTbcJolGiTIRKpSGHbIQSoajYUYfo7TzMOenm7iIDQ_z-WRoK5p7Zas60C2-trqGbltTHH_qOXzPu7aViaQ2cpz50-NpLVX7t6JVUs5sbRKSiZ=w1230-h923-no

Nice start the morning, teen driver forgot to look while backing up in to street.....

I would take that check or fight and get more, fix the tailight and get a pair of 80 axles and a welder.... And then wheel it harder!!

I typically would say cut and run, my cruiser is not the prettiest so same dents and dings wouldn’t bother me. But this is really really bad. Probably worth having fixed.

Edit: On this note, ask for way more due to the damage to your rear bumper. There’s another $2,500 right there!

I thought it was the rear bumper that got hit and dente the tailgate.
I'd get it fixed.

I got hit, which damaged the front fender, lights and bumper. I got paid for the complete repair, then had collision shop NOT replace the bumper and brackets, and took the "rebate" and put it toward a SLee front bumper (I already had the rear) No hesitation.

Get that fixed. But you deserve way more money. In no way shape or form would I accept that offer.

Side note, I'd do what @Kofoed did and fix part of the list from a cosmetic perspective and use the rest of the check to pay for more upgrades.

My insurance totaled this on my Land Cruiser. 2001 with 170K miles at the time, cut me a check for 8K or 5K along with the truck, I chose the latter and spent a grand to fix it up and update the look. You should be getting a lot more for that kind of damage, rear quarter panels are awfully hard to fix.

34007983832_66baf8e667_b.jpg

38350784491_b59e7b5216_h.jpg

yea , does anyone know how much to power coat a rear bumper ? Looks like I will send a note to ACC and see what that runs. I am still not sure which way to go ...

Wheel harder looking good! These rigs deserve it!

Last edited:
Get that fixed, other wise you'll just beat it piss. Trucks don't come back from that, unless they get fixed. It's like seeing a house in disrepair... vehicles die quick once you let them go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom