1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me convince my girlfriend she needs a piggy!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Advent, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Advent

Advent

I've always wanted to do a convertible bobbed pig, but figured it'd be years before I'd ever have the chance. But it might be falling into my lap.

A '73 turned up for sale about 100 miles away for $900. Runs strong, kinda rusty. Roof toast. From what I've heard, the frame is solid, as are the body mounts. The floor on the passenger's side is supposedly rotting a bit. Fenders have the typical rust.

The way I look at it, the rear quarters will get hacked up and trimmed anyway, as will the roof. The floor could be diamond plate covered with herculiner. I've got most of the parts to swap in power steering and '60 axles sprung over (was collecting them for mine before plans changed to bigger). Fronts could be fiberglass.

This is where my girlfriend comes in. I can't support 2 cruisers in college. We've been dating over a year and been good friends for over 10, so there's a good chance she's the one. That means if she gets a pig, I'll get to ride in it a lot ;p

She's already got a truck, so no need for transportation (wouldn't trust a project rig anyway). She'd have to find some space to store it (which means parental permission probably). Her dad would probably get into helping out, since he's the type who has no use for a welder but just bought one anyway.

She does like the way FJ55's look chopped and bobbed, so that's a plus. The other day, she said "You must be wearing off on me, since that's really tempting and that's probably not a good thing!" So mixed messages there. But she's interested enough that she's asked about registration and insurance. Then again, she's an accountant, so that's probably pretty natural. I think I might have gotten an agreement to go drive down to look at it weekend after next.

So, help me tip her over the edge! Pics of pigs playing would probably help, as would any good excuses. She's never really been 'wheeling (I've had her off camber in my '40 before and it kinda scared her, though I think that could be worked out with some practice). One of the major appeals of this thing is that I could probably get it turned into a decent 'wheeling rig for pretty cheap.

So friends, countrymen, Knights, lend me your excuses and rationalizations!

2. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

let her wheel your rig, see if she likes wheeling when she's driving]

3. VTFJ40

VTFJ40

4. clemson55

clemson55

Advent I'm in college too so I feel your pain. I'm not sure how I support my 1 pig and I'm about to buy another for parts. Anyway go to the Upstate Cruisers section and go to the Members rigs and theres a pic of my ride in there its a Party chopped 55. Then scroll down and theres a thread about pics. I think it's a sticky at the top and there are a couple pics of it wheeling and 1 video. Not the greatest vid but you can see me getting muddy and the pig did make it the furthest through the mudhole. Hope it helps pigs are great.

5. Gumby

Gumby Supamod Staff Member s-Moderator

50 first dates

It worked for me - almost.

No chance you're getting her to drive a bobbed, chopped rig though. That's just a pipe dream.

And this is way Chat.

6. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

take her to dinner and do everything she says.....then let her wheel your rig and then just go buy it and give it to her. once she's got it, she'll have to like it. definitely the one if she likes cruisers, tell her this is the ultimate test.....she'll fall for it. it is the ultimate test though.

7. 72cruiser

72cruiser

print out some pics of the bobbed pig off of jk customs site, and stick em in her car...inside the visors, under her cd case, etc...

good luck man...

malphrus

8. Advent

Advent

I can't take her 'wheeling in mine at the moment, since my front axle is FUBAR waiting on bearings to rebuild the replacement. She's ridden around in it before, last summer we went around quite a bit with the top off.

Sorry about putting this in tech, I forgot there even was a chat section here. :doh: