Help!! Loosing coolant :( on my daily driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. I have been loosing some coolant on my 92 3FE LC for the past couple months now :( I have to top off the coolant reservoir almost every day.. it will be about 1/2 to 1 inch low from the "full" line. I don't see any sign of coolant leaks anywhere. I've read here before that milkshake looking under the oil cap means coolant on oil.. but I also read that the milkshake goo under the oil cap can cost of short trips, which I do everyday to work (5 miles one way) Today, I took the hose on top of the valve cover that goes to the air intake tube and it was filled with sludge.. I need help figuring this thing out :( I thought that the 3FE is not prone to head gasket failure? what other possibilities this could be?

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem in my 97 and it was the rear heater line.... never saw a drop on the ground.. HTH

I had a similar problem in my 97 and it was the rear heater line.... never saw a drop on the ground.. HTH

I am hoping that the problem would that be simple.. I am worried about the sludge I have under the oil cap and the hose from the top of valve cover to the intake tube full of sludge as well :( but I will check the rear heater line too..

Similar problem on my 1991. It was the radiator leaking on the inside face, way up top behind the shroud and very hard to see. It was a slow leak and never dripped to the ground. OEM radiator that was leaking but had to replace with after market CSF brand (I believe.).

Ed

Similar problem on my 1991. It was the radiator leaking on the inside face, way up top behind the shroud and very hard to see. It was a slow leak and never dripped to the ground. OEM radiator that was leaking but had to replace with after market CSF brand (I believe.).

Ed

You guys had milkshake goo under the radiator cap??

I called Tim from Land Cruiser Specialties in Oregon City, he said he is pretty sure that it is a cracked head :'(

Pic of goo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom