Help..looling for charcoal cannister and fuel separatorf for 76 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help..looking for charcoal cannister and fuel separatorf for 76 fj40​

Help..looking for charcoal cannister and fuel separatorf for 76 fj40​
Howdy! Hit the Pik-N-Pull yards. There are a lot of vehicles that use very similar units. Similar year Nissans had them, amongst others. John

good tip john, will do the same in aus myself...however, i was wondering if anybody could give a list of emission controlls that were on the fj40 75 model... in the process of re-licencing mine with a 350 chev, and need to comply with at least "the factory emissions" ( so i was told by our authority's)...have already got the pcv set up...wasnt sure if i needed a charcoal canister as well...

appreciate it

You can come take the one off my 78 ... its not doing anything.

good tip john, will do the same in aus myself...however, i was wondering if anybody could give a list of emission controlls that were on the fj40 75 model... in the process of re-licencing mine with a 350 chev, and need to comply with at least "the factory emissions" ( so i was told by our authority's)...have already got the pcv set up...wasnt sure if i needed a charcoal canister as well...

appreciate it
Howdy! I went thru the same thing here in Arizona. They require whatever the vehicle had originally, regardless of what year engine you use. It is a bit different than California. On my 76, I have the original charcoal canister. I have the Chevy PCV system, EGR system, and I had to add an AIR setup from an early 70's pickup, because the Piggy had it from the factory. I do not need CATS, although the engine is a 77 and it had them originally. I started with the original Rochester 2 barrel carb, but it fell apart. So, I now have a Carter/Edlebrock 5oo cfm 4 barrel. Runs good, and passes smog. I think 75 MAY of had the same junk on it. John

thankyou for the reply john.. any chance of some pictures of these things... i have searched the internet for quite some time...find descriptions..but no pics on fitting, or the part itself...it would be hugely appreciated!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom