Help in diagnosing a leak. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So head out to the garage this morning and see this nice little red puddle on the garage floor.

Has a 5.3 Vortec

Pulled the skid plate to see if I can find the leak. At first I thought it was the lower radiator hose since it's pretty wet from the top part....but then when I looked around more the driver's side of the radiator also has drips. the other lines looked clean/dry and nothing weeping from the clamps. I didn't pull the grill off but everything looks bone dry in front of the radiator so I think I'm good there.

Any other spots I should check? My plan right now is to replace the lower hose and run it in the garage to look for leaks...just trying to minimize stops at O'Reilly's.

Thanks.

XEQT5461[1].JPG

IMG_4876[1].JPG

IMG_4880[1].JPG

IMG_4878[1].JPG

IMG_4882[1].JPG

Worm screw clamps on small diameter tubing are always suspect. Toyota doesn’t use them for a reason (though you now have a GM engine)

If I had to guess I would say that’s transmission fluid being sprayed from the cooler line outlet hose. As evidenced from the spray pattern

If I had to guess I would say that’s transmission fluid being sprayed from the cooler line outlet hose. As evidenced from the spray pattern
I’m thinking this is the reason too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom