HELP I'm about to fly 1500 miles and buy a rusted Landcruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need either encouragement or talked down. I plan to buy a 1996 triple locked that's got rust on all 4 door bottoms and pretty decent rust underneath. It's the triple locks that got me excited otherwise I'd past given the rust. the price is 3500. Am I a genius or idiot? plan to build it up into a family excursion vehicle / daily driver so 3" lift, 35s etc. thinking of buying a donor and swapping over what i like

Last edited:
Cancel the airline ticket and make an appointment to see your analyst,
you might be suffering from the "glutton for punishment" syndrome.

Definition: glutton for punishment; A masochist, a person who seeks out odious or onerous tasks, or habitually takes on more than is reasonable.

Cancel the airline ticket and make an appointment to see your analyst,
you might be suffering from the "glutton for punishment" syndrome.

Definition: glutton for punishment; A masochist, a person who seeks out odious or onerous tasks, or habitually takes on more than is reasonable.
Just canceled my flight. Thanks

You canceled, so all good! If they shipped it to you for 3k maybe! But good call not going!

You did the right thing. Better off spending the money on something that might be beaten on a little but is rust free.

Felt better as soon as I clicked cancel, the rust was just too much.

Good call!...when you see rust, expect a lot more thats hidden and will rear its ugly in time...total nightmare and costly to deal with...

As rusty 80 with factory lockers....better plan or spending $$$ to fix or replace the rusted lockers.

Pics? The doors would've had me walking away. If maintenance is good on it then you have a solid daily. Get it oil coated and it won't decay further.

You're an idiot :flipoff2: Extensive rust subtracts much more than factory lockers add. Not talking price (although that is also true), just general worthiness of ownership.

Not to say there's no merit in a rusty cruiser for a winter beater or hunt/farm tractor, but definitely not worth flying and buying sight unseen. I lost my beloved red '84 jf60 to rust--it is a losing battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom