help identifying parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockcrawler
i've pulled my transmission out and am going to sell off the pieces. but i'm not sure what i actually have. could someone look at the pictures of the bellhousing, adapter plate?, and transmission. it looks to me like the adapter plate is only a spacer. and that the 3 spd would bolt right up to the gm bellhousing. so is this a real gm bellhousing and original toyota 3 spd, or do i have something else?

It's a Chebby bellhousing and a Toto transmission. Dunno about the adapter.

The TLC 3-speed input shaft is longer then the chev so it gets a spacer.

so the 'bolt pattern' was the same back then ? what are these adapters that cost $500 for? can someone tell me how to get the transmission and the transfer case apart? i don't see where they meet, or bolts to take out.

IIRC there is 5 bolts and 1 nut to remove. First drain the oil from the transfer case.Remove the bearing cover (round, 6 bolts) on the back of the transfer case and remove the nut. Remove to PTO cover from the transfer case (6 bolts driver side). there is 2 bolts inside the tranfer case. Remove them. The next 3 bolts are on the back of the transfer case near the bearing cover. Remove them. Sometimes, the transfer case is stuck to the tranny. I use a block of wood and a hammer to release them. After it's release, gently use some prybars (screwdrivers :D) to get the apart.

Good luck!!!

does anyone know who would have made a spacer like this, and what it may be worth? since i'm selling it all.

another question i would really like answered: why does my bellhousing have a hole for a clutch fork? would an automatic bellhousing not have this? when i put in my auto i want it to be water tight if possible.

Your bellhousing is probably for the SM420 GM 4speed. The Toyota 3 speed and the SM420 have the same bolt pattern. I think the only difference is the input shaft. This is why you have an adapter plate. I don't have any idea of it's value but it can be made easily in a machine shop ... When you will install your auto tranny, you will have to remove this bellhousing. Your auto tranny will already have the bellhousing on it. (without holes in it...) hope it helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom