Help identifying engine compartment noise? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sure thing.

Not entirely sure it's a permanent solution here, but apparently some silicone spray on the lower pulley shut that sound right up. :)

I am very interested in the solution to this one as I have exactly the same noise on cold start for about 5 minutes.
AugustLab...did you find what the problem was??

Not entirely sure it's a permanent solution here, but apparently some silicone spray on the lower pulley shut that sound right up. :)

Change the bearing then! It’s a $10 part....

Check your belts, they can make a squeaking noise like a bearing IME.
Spray some water on the moving belts (stand back), if the noise
goes away for a second or two and comes back, get a set of new
(OEM) belts.

I am very interested in the solution to this one as I have exactly the same noise on cold start for about 5 minutes.
I haven't fixed it since money was tight (because I had just installed a lift) and the sound went away on its own as the weather warmed. I am going to replace the tensioner though and the belts.

I haven't fixed it since money was tight (because I had just installed a lift) and the sound went away on its own as the weather warmed. I am going to replace the tensioner though and the belts.
Cheers for that....might have a look at my tensioner as well.

OK so I finally got around to this issue and it was the AC Tensioner Pulley. I went ahead and put new belts on all around as well. All good now. Thanks for all the feedback on this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom