Help identifying clicking noise from my 1985 2F engine please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Only happens once the gas pedal is pushed past a specific point no matter what the revs or gear.

One Landcruiser expert said it was a hole somewhere in the exhaust system causing the noise. However I've noticed that very occasionally it goes away when I accelerate away from a light. As I go up through the gears you can't hear it at all until you take your foot off the gas for a second and then it comes back when you push down on the gas again.

Here's a link to a video of it I made on Reddit

All replies much appreciated

Sounds like exhaust leak. Could be in the EGR system. Doesn’t sound like pinging or knock which is a good thing.

Can’t hear the sound on Reddit link. Upload it to YouTube

can't hear it either. Do you have to be moving? Might be easier to hear if there is no road noise. Also it might be good to indicate on the video (point your finger) when the sound starts.

EGR is a good lead too since it does use the position of the throttle to activate. Look through the emissions manual for other potential causes.

1638486208399.png

can't hear it either. Do you have to be moving? Might be easier to hear if there is no road noise. Also it might be good to indicate on the video (point your finger) when the sound starts.

EGR is a good lead too since it does use the position of the throttle to activate. Look through the emissions manual for other potential causes.

View attachment 2854030
Oh, yeah, I took out all the emissions stuff and put in a Japanese carb, but it already made the clicking before. it had, had a desmog done

Don't know how to make it any clearer, when I play the noise now I can still hear it over the top of kids playing in the next room. from about halfway through the video I'm pressing the throttle to make it come and go - it sounds a bit like the growl the predator makes but speeded up

of course you know what to listen for. Does the frequency of the clicking increase with engine speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom