Help identifying calipers and rotors for rear disc conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought an axle from a fellow mud member. He said it is a JTO rear disc conversion but when I looked it up online, JTO uses monte carlo calipers and also uses chevy truck rotors.

the ones on my axle are toyota? Does anyone recognize these? I looked up the numbers engraved and found it is a tercel caliper. Can anyone confirm

also...what rotors would those be lol

8D2D3467-1338-4FCF-B440-FF44B70981DF.jpeg

E35C531D-11BB-4AAA-81B8-2559BF1AB872.jpeg

51445C5A-EFEE-4A39-AD3E-14BACDC1B1B8.png

C9D965B4-328C-4DCD-9FDF-062E98B7FAAF.png

Rotors are probably early mini-truck solid rotors. Some of the first rear disk brake conversions used those parts. The bracket could be home brew as there was a printable template floating around at that time also.

Rotors are probably early mini-truck solid rotors. Some of the first rear disk brake conversions used those parts. The bracket could be home brew as there was a printable template floating around at that time also.

thanks! Sadly rotors were not mini truck so I’m on the hunt

thanks! Sadly rotors were not mini truck so I’m on the hunt
Post a couple pics of the rotors removed from the axle. It may help in identifying them.

Thanks for the link on the caliper. I want to do a rear disk conversion like that one on a couple Cruisers I own. Now I don't need to hunt down a caliper...

Nick

Might be a solid rotor off early 4WDB equipped Isuzu trooper. Looks a little skinny & small to be HiLux frt rotor.
You might be right Jim. This one seems a closer match particularly on thickness. The Toyota rotor might be too thick for the caliper while this Trooper rotor seems the right thickness. 1988 Isuzu Trooper rear brake rotor.

BrakeBest Select Brake Rotor 96073RGS | O'Reilly Auto Parts

Again, Rockauto has several to choose from for less than $15.

Nick

Trying both, I was told by the guy who sold me the axle that the kit is in fact a JTO kit

Trying both, I was told by the guy who sold me the axle that the kit is in fact a JTO kit
To give the PO the benefit of the doubt, it could be that JTO once used Toyota parts... or it could be he is mistaken and that it was a JTO conversion on the front and something else on the rear. I doubt he's deliberately giving you misinformation. It's more likely he is mistaken.

Chevy parts have never said TOYOTA on them... the P/Ns don't lie. Now lets get this figured out and get your rig on the road.

The only other option is to get some brackets from @Poser, buy some Chevy rotors, and Monte Carlo calipers and start over.

Most definitely want to get this thing on the road! I ordered some stuff and hope it all bolts up

To give the PO the benefit of the doubt, it could be that JTO once used Toyota parts... or it could be he is mistaken and that it was a JTO conversion on the front and something else on the rear. I doubt he's deliberately giving you misinformation. It's more likely he is mistaken.

Chevy parts have never said TOYOTA on them... the P/Ns don't lie. Now lets get this figured out and get your rig on the road.

The only other option is to get some brackets from @Poser, buy some Chevy rotors, and Monte Carlo calipers and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom