Help identifying a part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know what this is?

Odd part.JPG

A lot more with a key. Back in the mid nineties bought a brand new for $10. Still have it in the original box. But they have long been discontinued. Think 1970 model was the last year for the vented gas cap which I know the one I have is.

A lot more with a key. Back in the mid nineties bought a brand new for $10. Still have it in the original box. But they have long been discontinued. Think 1970 model was the last year for the vented gas cap which I know the one I have is.
I just saw a new one in the box on ebay for $700....that is crazy!

Should a generous offer feel would need to include a Darth Vader light with the switch and Stamped LAND CRUISER bezel. A PTO winch might be too much LOL.
That's what I'm talking about!...:p

Here is one of my bezels on my 68 FHT I added a few early goodies to over the years. Have a spare Vader light but hate to cut the dash.
001029.jpg

Unfortunately a PO back my 73 FST but at least left the Vader light.
IMG_20200920_144512486_HDR.jpg

I would LOVE to have an early bezel like that! Wasn't there someone awhile ago selling or making them?

I would LOVE to have an early bezel like that! Wasn't there someone awhile ago selling or making them?

Few different ones were made. Remember Fiberglass ones being made until Mr. T's lawyer got involved. Some were being hand stamped from Pakistan. Believe a few others. Already had a few by the time I joined Mud. Mine are all OEM. Took awhile to find the first one. One day it just arrived at my home. Was a gift. Second one came from a wrecking yard and it didn't breark the bank. Have a third one I would probably sell. Just need to buy the rest of the 61 FJ40 it's on. Another cruiser not sure why I bought it. Maybe because it had a PTO winch?

What is the fascination with the PTO winches....lol!?

Few different ones were made. Remember Fiberglass ones being made until Mr. T's lawyer got involved. Some were being hand stamped from Pakistan. Believe a few others. Already had a few by the time I joined Mud. Mine are all OEM. Took awhile to find the first one. One day it just arrived at my home. Was a gift. Second one came from a wrecking yard and it didn't breark the bank. Have a third one I would probably sell. Just need to buy the rest of the 61 FJ40 it's on. Another cruiser not sure why I bought it. Maybe because it had a PTO winch?
Feel free to let me know what you need for the stamped bezel and other stuff if you buy the 40 it's on.

They're cool, if you like old functional stuff. :meh:

You mean like the FJ40 itself.
I like the TEQ PTO winch because it is the only winch made to fit only the Land Cruiser. All the others winches can be found on other 4X4s. Just like a few other things only found on a Land Cruiser.

Feel free to let me know what you need for the stamped bezel and other stuff if you buy the 40 it's on.

May have been a little confusing. The cruiser was bought around twelve years ago. Just a project I may or may not get to.
IMG_20190417_151326521.jpg

Exactly!

I have a weakness for older, simpler machinery that served a pupose in its day, and still usable today for that intended purpose. Personally, I have indulged that weakness with antique motorcycles, and then FJ40's after that.

I like the TEQ PTO winch because it is the only winch made to fit only the Land Cruiser. All the others winches can be found on other 4X4s. Just like a few other things only found on a Land Cruiser.

May have been a little confusing. The cruiser was bought around twelve years ago. Just a project I may or may not get to.
View attachment 2613800
Aah, I now get what you're saying. I'd be happy to buy the 40 it's attached to, but the steering wheel is on the "wrong" side for it's intended home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom