Help Identifying a Coolant Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think the OP need to clarify what hose he's referring two.
I was thinking it’s the one he pointed the arrow two ?
If so it’s a much simpler job !!!
It is definitely the end of the hose going through the firewall! Sorry I did not make that clearer. As to my mechanical skills, above average? Not like you guys.... I just did a valve job on the front bank of a Lexus ES 300 (2002) if that can serve as a calibration point. I also have the full FSM.

Thank you all so much!

@Malleus did not mean to offend anyone, just don' t want the job to be any harder then it needs to be!!! Were all here to try and help.

We need to know what hose is leaking to be able to help!!!

Cheers
No offense at all believe me I am grateful

It is definitely the end of the hose going through the firewall! Sorry I did not make that clearer. As to my mechanical skills, above average? Not like you guys.... I just did a valve job on the front bank of a Lexus ES 300 (2002) if that can serve as a calibration point. I also have the full FSM.

Thank you all so much!
Then you've got this!

It's not "hard" it's tedious and time-consuming.

Use a set of dykes to cut off the tuna-can clamps.

Buy a replacement set of hoses from Wits'-end or your favorite supplier.

Buy a number of the Toyota 90467-21010 clamps to replace all clamps EXCEPT for the ones that go down from the tee to the rear heater lines. Those are smaller and I don't have a number for those.

Tools:
dykes
needle-nose pliers
carpet knife
coolant
distilled water
pliers, 6" and 12"
3M Scotchbrite pads to clean up all pipe connections
Smear coolant inside each hose to slide it back on as a lubricant.

I just did all mine, but since I was in there I did 100% of my hoses because it was time.

Thank you all so much!
So to be clear the hose that the arrow points two does not go through the firewall it stops at the firewall and attaches to a hard line that go's through the firewall. Is it the short hose on the engine side of the firewall that's leaking ?

Waiting for a Wits End dispersion to finish just this very job. That hose assembly with the brass T is unobtanium (I think) so was planning to re-use the brass.

The brass hose "T" on the right side of the heater circuit (FZJ80) will likely have some light corrosion but should clean up well with the green 3M pads IME. From Toyota that T came unpainted so when I recently replaced all my heater hoses I first sanded, primed and painted (using 2K catalyzed paint and primer) the T pipe to decrease future corrosion.

FWIW

I am also guess this would be an ideal time to replace the squeaky bushing on the steering column and the PHH hose.

I am also guess this would be an ideal time to replace the squeaky bushing on the steering column and the PHH hose.
Yes.

May as well pull the engine and do the head gasket, PHH, rear heater hard lines, power steering hoses, steering column seal, .........etc.

I would at least do all the hoses. The PHH is truly hard to do, but can have the hard pipe removed with a 12mm combination ratchet wrench.

Yes.

May as well pull the engine and do the head gasket, PHH, rear heater hard lines, power steering hoses, steering column seal, .........etc.

I would at least do all the hoses. The PHH is truly hard to do, but can have the hard pipe removed with a 12mm combination ratchet wrench.
Ok, too funny. Fortunately, I have the #2 JIS screwdriver (essential for good bicycles) and the 12mm racheting combination wrench pretty handy for 1fe-mz intake manifold.

It is remarkable how sturdy this beast has been

My radiator is drained and the throttle body pulled now just waiting for the sound of the dog attacking the delivery man bringing my supplies from Medford. 🙄

I squeaky in the steering column can be fixed with a simple spray lube.
Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where to spray but I know it fixed mine there was a thread on it but it was a few years back.
As far as parts go I like and use Partsouq.com they have a easy to use web site great prices and super fast shipping.
My last order was on my front porch in 7 days total.

Wits end has all the bits you need, and this handy diagram: Your setup is on the left, I assume your leak is at the T labelled part B. Either that, or the hoses either side of it.

If you're going to do them all, this is the kit: 80 Series 1FZ Curved Heater Hose Kit - https://absolute-wits-end.com/80-series-1fz-curved-heater-hose-kit/

If you're going to do those hoses, then you'll need the heater valve too. Unsure which one you have as there is a slight change early 1995, I assume if yours is a 1994 then it would be this: 80 Series Heater Control Valve 93-early 95 - https://absolute-wits-end.com/80-series-heater-control-valve-93-early-95/

Then if you're doing all of that, you might as well get the PHH which is the yellow one furthest bottom right of the left diagram. That would be this: 1FZ-FE PHH Kit- OEM Clamps - https://absolute-wits-end.com/1fz-fe-phh-kit-oem-clamps/

After all that sales pitch, I believe I've earned another Wits End sticker!

1649545959998.png

Wits end has all the bits you need, and this handy diagram: Your setup is on the left, I assume your leak is at the T labelled part B. Either that, or the hoses either side of it.

If you're going to do them all, this is the kit: 80 Series 1FZ Curved Heater Hose Kit - https://absolute-wits-end.com/80-series-1fz-curved-heater-hose-kit/

If you're going to do those hoses, then you'll need the heater valve too. Unsure which one you have as there is a slight change early 1995, I assume if yours is a 1994 then it would be this: 80 Series Heater Control Valve 93-early 95 - https://absolute-wits-end.com/80-series-heater-control-valve-93-early-95/

Then if you're doing all of that, you might as well get the PHH which is the yellow one furthest bottom right of the left diagram. That would be this: 1FZ-FE PHH Kit- OEM Clamps - https://absolute-wits-end.com/1fz-fe-phh-kit-oem-clamps/

After all that sales pitch, I believe I've earned another Wits End sticker!

View attachment 2976435
It seems Wit's End has got all the bits. I see the "Tee" at B and I think you have it....my confusion is the hose I have that is leaking absolutely goes through the firewall which I guess is not shown in this. Since this car is likely to get passed down to my adventurist/climber daughter I think i am going with the Gates green stripe and maybe even silicone for the PHH?

It seems Wit's End has got all the bits. I see the "Tee" at B and I think you have it....my confusion is the hose I have that is leaking absolutely goes through the firewall which I guess is not shown in this. Since this car is likely to get passed down to my adventurist/climber daughter I think i am going with the Gates green stripe and maybe even silicone for the PHH?
Do NOT do silicone for any of it.

The 5/8" Gates Green stripe will work, however, the CORRECT hose for those two connections (PHH and heater hose) is:. 99556-30100. Buy (5) of them to cover all needed.

THAT hose is an angled 1/2” hose that is no longer available from Toyota but I make available inside my CHH-1 kit which uses a Toyota hose that I chop in half to make two perfect pieces.

Been discussed a lot on forum if you do a search, but long story short, silicone hoses are not good for coolant; water can seep directly out through the hose,
and the hoses never "stick" to the metal pipes so you can get more cold leaks.

Many of the members on this forum use Gates Greenstrip heater hose which should last 20+ years. My 96 model has had a Gates PHH installed for ~15 years, no issues.

I think you have it....my confusion is the hose I have that is leaking absolutely goes through the firewall which I guess is not shown in this.
The rubber hose stops at the firewall and connects to a hard line that passes through the firewall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom