Help Identifying 70 Series Rear Axle Swapped onto a 1987 HJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy. I have this HJ75 which has a later 70 series model axle swapped onto it (4 wheel disc brakes) My problem is, I can't figure out which axle it is and the pads are wearing. I'd like to change them out before I take off on a road trip to Bend to chop the roof off this sucker. Can someone let me know which model 70 series this came from? My guess is an mid-90's HZJ7X but there are two axles used in them from what I can tell. They look like my '90 HDJ80's brakes.

Here are some photos... Part numbers would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

IMG_1511.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

Last edited:
Figured it out thanks to Georg at Valley Hybrids. 93+ HZJ7X uses the same pads as the 80 series. PN 04466-60020

Figured it out thanks to Georg at Valley Hybrids. 93+ HZJ7X uses the same pads as the 80 series. PN 04466-60020

And I believe the FJ Cruiser rear pads are the same to and also fit the LJ/RJ series with rear disc brakes

And I believe the FJ Cruiser rear pads are the same to and also fit the LJ/RJ series with rear disc brakes

Yeah, I ordered them from the Toyota dealer and they asked what year my Lexus was. hah. Although a Lexus troopy would be nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom