Help identifying 3 electrical connectors... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I have a 97 that I'm working on and there are 3 electrical connectors on the passenger side of the engine compartment, near the firewall, that aren't connected. What are each of these for?

Thanks!

IMG_9692.jpg
IMG_9693.jpg

Looks like you had two pairs and one male without a mate. The wire harness leading into the fender probably goes to the power antenna. The odd male looks dirty and perhaps has never been connected to anything but I’m not positive. You will find unused connectors on your 80 at various locations due to the fact that 80’s were sold with different options in many markets around the world.

The one with 6 conductors that's still attached to the harness looks, as you stated, unused from the factory. The other two, look like they should be connected because the plugs would all physically connect.

The power antenna doesn't work at this time and the airbag light is blinking on the dash. So I didn't want to just plug stuff in and risk an something triggering the airbags.

The smaller, 2-conductor connector is comprised of the following wires:
Male side: Black/ Yellow wire and a blue wire
Female side: Dark blue wire and a dark blue/ orange wire

The 4-conductor connector has the following wires:
Male side: White/ black (larger wire gauge than the other 3 wires), Red, Green & Black wire
Female side: White/ black, white, Black & a Red wire

Thanks for any insight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom