Help Identify This Water Pump Pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, this single groove water pump pulley came off of my 1978 Canadian FJ45 and I would like to replace it with a double grooved water pump pulley rather than go through the hassle of changing water pumps. Appearantly a U.S. spec'd 1978 2F water pump pulley has a different bolt set and is much thinner depth-wise to accommadate a cutch (I know this base off of the 1978 2-groove Water Pump Pulley that I ordered and which doesn't fit).

If anyone can point me in the direct of the proper double groove pulley, I'd much appreciate it. My best guess is that I may need a 1976 water pump pulley, but I'd like to again utilize the collective IH8Mud knowledge.

(By the way, anyone looking for a 78 2F 2-groove Water Pump Pulley??)

I just recently swapped from the US '74 "F.5" setup of one wide, one skinny pulley to dual wide pulley design.

I would get a US 2f waterpump w/ plastic fan and fan clutch, and the associated crank pulley/harmonic balancer. I would go ahead and do an oil cooler as well.

Basically you want an FJ60 waterpump w/ pulley, fan and fan clutch, fj60 crank pulley, oil cooler, t-stat housing, and the hard line that bolts to the valve cover. (hard line optional).

Pull all your old stuff, get new gaskets for the t-stat, W/P, and oil cooler, get new front main seal and lockwasher for the nut and swap all the new stuff out for your old.

Okay - so I guess just finding a simple 2-groove water pump pulley for under $40 is out of the question?????

CruisinGA - I was sort of hoping that this would be an easy fix and I could avoid the major waterpump configuration.

The above solution is the only one that came to mind. My old F 2 groove wouldn't work either, not deep enough.

I know it is a hassle, I just needed two grooves too for P/S, but I figured while i was at it i get a few more low end ft lbs, and can cross deep water safer cause of the clutch, better cooling with the 6 blade, and cooler oil=longer engine/ engine oil life. My W/P was on its way out as well. I got a lot of things done in one swoop.

If you are a quick worker and got tools it can be done in a full day. Took me over a month due to missing a vital part, not knowing how to get the new crank pulley on, and an extreme lack of time.

You want a "76 or '77 dbl pulley. Not sure if it was US spec only but I doubt it. Basically your are looking for a dbl pulley w/o fan clutch. 55 Series went a bit longer w/o fan clutch.

Thanks dd113, I'll look for those years.

CruisinGA - I do like some of the benefits you mentioned, I really do. But at this stage in the game, I lack the time and I'd really prefer to get the P.S. conversion done and enjoy the truck for a little bit since it has sat in the garage nearly 95% of the time that I've owned it (since Jan 04). I want to enjoy it some more and fix all of the other little items before I decide to take on a bigger project. I haven't even gotten to drive around with the top off yet!!!

I'm kinda in the same position. I ordered a water pump for my Canadian-spec 45. I assumed all the 2F pumps were the same year-to-year. Turns out my pulley (same as the one you pictured) and fan has a different bolt patter than the pump. A new or used crank pulley = $$$. Does anyone know if the Canadian bolt pattern pumps are available somewhere?

Might sound silly but call the SOR tech line. I am sure Marv knows the answer and I bet he has one in stock.

Lusedekache,

I think I might have PM'd you a few days ago on this matter, but it sounds like we are in the same boat. I was hoping you might have tried a 76/77 water pump pulley already. If you find out that those years is the right fit, let me know.

I thought about contacting SOR - but as a last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom