Help identify this sound. Video Clip Inside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hard to tell, I’m guessing a bushing or something to do with the coil spring rubbing on something. Just start spraying some lube and troubleshooting/narrowing it down

I'm thinking shock mounts. Looks like the right side in the video.

Also check your exhaust system mounts. May be the exhaust rubbing / rattling on something.

I recall this sound before I replaced the stock springs/shocks. When I installed the new shocks i lubricated the bottom bushing to get it onto the mount. The top was tightened to spec. I have end link parts coming on Saturday so I will see if that makes any difference. If not, then I will revisit the shocks per your suggestion @BILT4ME . Thanks!
The LX drives so much nicer with the knuckles rebuilt with new bearings and all new OEM bushings. What a job though!

I was going to suggest just do the sway bar bushings, easy job actually. I had similar knocking sounds going on, primarily up front. Could feel it under your feet.

Just finished doing the front end, new knuckle and wheel bearings and new spindles. Did the rear bearings too, some brake work, new master and replaced all of the suspension bushings, in fact, finished last night as I had not gotten the front lateral bar done yet. Took several days with the need to have it running in between. What a huge difference in handling, feel and road noise. Job went pretty good, only broke the harbor freight 12ton press a couple of times, that was exciting, but got em all done. Happy to say it stops properly now too, stupid 80 brakes.

My wife was in the garage with me helping on the front end. I think I actually had one of the front control arm bushings bound against the press plate was the problem. We sheared one of the bolts on the top of the press and everything flew out on the floor and the bolt flew across the garage, (scared the crap out of the wife,) she was all on board for me getting a better press in the future as that one looked pretty sub par to her. So I'll have to watch the sales. I've always wanted one with the pump on the side. I also made the mistake of putting the front lateral bar bushings in the rear bar, again should have waited for the wife, she had them all laid out, I grabbed the wrong two bushings and went to town, ID bolt hole is different, who would have thought. Wasn't a real big deal till I couldn't get one back out. Bent the top beam on the press in that action, had to take it apart and straighten/strengthen and flip the bushing, then it came finally, kind of mushroomed it I guess. Pressing stuff like that is always fun. Did my rear wheel bearings on my T100, two puller designs later they finally popped hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom