Help identify (possible) missing part(s) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I’m a newbie here shopping around for my first Fj60. The plan is to do a complete tear down and rebuild over the course of years. At the moment, I’m reading up on here, going through the manuals, and soaking up all I can. Meanwhile, I found a truck that I’m considering, but while reviewing some pictures under the hood, there are a few things that may be absent. There’s one in particular that I can’t identify. What is this? (see photo of red truck, item circled in blue - not the one I’m considering. That’s the second picture, the brown truck)

5CB4EF82-92E9-41ED-82A5-7CCBE9D6F233.jpeg

57A3A3B8-10A4-4CDD-AC46-77A92E4FEED1.jpeg

that is a carb fan, when the truck gets hot under the hood, this fan kicks in and blow in the carburetor direction see the nose , by cooling carburetor , so you can install one , but I have never seen my kicks in , perhaps my is broken

If you’re resurrecting an old 60, you’ll want that fan. It makes starting a hot engine easier. They are available used from guys/places that part out 60s.

I have one on my brown truck that works. I went to a weber and dont need it. Worked fine, just not hooked up right now. They are not hard to find. Seems like I have seen them in the $60 range maybe.

that is a carb fan, when the truck gets hot under the hood, this fan kicks in and blow in the carburetor direction see the nose , by cooling carburetor , so you can install one , but I have never seen my kicks in , perhaps my is broken
Thanks!

I have one on my brown truck that works. I went to a weber and dont need it. Worked fine, just not hooked up right now. They are not hard to find. Seems like I have seen them in the $60 range maybe.
Thank you. There are a few on eBay, so when the time comes, I’m sure I can track one down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom