Help identify (possible) missing part(s)

• Thread starter ToddinUT
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
T

ToddinUT

Hey all, I’m a newbie here shopping around for my first Fj60. The plan is to do a complete tear down and rebuild over the course of years. At the moment, I’m reading up on here, going through the manuals, and soaking up all I can. Meanwhile, I found a truck that I’m considering, but while reviewing some pictures under the hood, there are a few things that may be absent. There’s one in particular that I can’t identify. What is this? (see photo of red truck, item circled in blue - not the one I’m considering. That’s the second picture, the brown truck)

5CB4EF82 92E9 41ED 82A5 7CCBE9D6F233

57A3A3B8 10A4 4CDD AC46 77A92E4FEED1

skhochay

skhochay

that is a carb fan, when the truck gets hot under the hood, this fan kicks in and blow in the carburetor direction see the nose , by cooling carburetor , so you can install one , but I have never seen my kicks in , perhaps my is broken

OSS

OSS

SILVER Star
If you’re resurrecting an old 60, you’ll want that fan. It makes starting a hot engine easier. They are available used from guys/places that part out 60s.

John Staton

John Staton

SILVER Star
I have one on my brown truck that works. I went to a weber and dont need it. Worked fine, just not hooked up right now. They are not hard to find. Seems like I have seen them in the $60 range maybe.

T

ToddinUT

that is a carb fan, when the truck gets hot under the hood, this fan kicks in and blow in the carburetor direction see the nose , by cooling carburetor , so you can install one , but I have never seen my kicks in , perhaps my is broken
Thanks!

T

ToddinUT

I have one on my brown truck that works. I went to a weber and dont need it. Worked fine, just not hooked up right now. They are not hard to find. Seems like I have seen them in the $60 range maybe.
Thank you. There are a few on eBay, so when the time comes, I’m sure I can track one down.

CruiserTrash

CruiserTrash

SILVER Star
If You end up getting that truck, I have a spare carb cooling fan. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom