Help ID Mystery plug near #6 injector 1993 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you cap the vacuum lines, plug the sensor, and jumper the harness plug that is all that is needed to delete an OBD 1 engine.

You can leave all the now non functioning hard parts in place instead of/ until you get around to making block off plates.

However it is looking like there could have been a transition period here. I’m not sure if the bolt is the factory plug or not, but I would not doubt it.

Here’s what I’ve got:
5F860792-5DD7-42BE-A2DB-D387F1A3B246.jpeg

So I'm wondering -- IF this is from the factory, everything setup except for the temp sensor....that means it's probably still a functioning EGR system because the vacuum lines were in place before I removed the throttle body to do the valve cover -- AND that pipe at the back of the head out of the EGR was getting hot enough to melt the mystery connector in the first place. I don't have a CEL.
Are you saying if I just cap the vacuum lines it will no longer direct hot gases down that pipe?

So I'm wondering -- IF this is from the factory, everything setup except for the temp sensor....that means it's probably still a functioning EGR system because the vacuum lines were in place before I removed the throttle body to do the valve cover -- AND that pipe at the back of the head out of the EGR was getting hot enough to melt the mystery connector in the first place. I don't have a CEL.
Are you saying if I just cap the vacuum lines it will no longer direct hot gases down that pipe?
I believe that is correct. At least that was my understanding of it.

I got a kit with a harness plug, screw for where the sensor was, and stuff to plug the vacuum lines, from hudd expo.
It took care of my CEL.

I may be wrong, and it just keeps it out of the intake. I haven’t looked into it any further than what it took to kill my CEL.

Last edited:
I'll check the build date tonight, but I feel it's later '93....like August or something.
OK, just checked and my '93 was built 11/92. I too have the bolt in the EGR housing.
I was poking around the EGR this weekend and found the EGR vacuum modulator port coming off the EGR (shown in your pic) was fully clogged all the way back to the EGR body.
I could actuate the EGR with vacuum, but found zero vacuum on any port from the intake manifold line to the EGR and off the Vacuum modulator ports down through the steel pipes that run to the front of the engine.
Alternately (and possibly erroneous t-shooting methods) i can kill the engine by applying vacuum to the passenger side port on the EGR and closing off the drivers side port connected to the intake manifold using pliers. That is supposed to suggest the EGR is working. But as I'm getting no vacuum anywhere else, I'm beginning to think the whole system is tied off (deleted) somewhere.

(edit: used snakeater98's youtube t-shoot video, and confirmed thu other sources))

The 11 & 12/92 club.......and we all have the same setup.... hmmmmmmm
Just to satisfy a curiosity, may I ask:
Cloth or leather?
Sunroof?
Rear quarter slides?
Luggage rack?
3rd row?

Clothe, sunroof, quarter window sliders, third row, no rack :clap:

Hmmm, I only have cloth and the rack. Some odd ball combos in this transition period.

Eventually I will eliminate the sunroof.

Before I bought this one I was looking at a rust free fj80, it had no sunroof, no rack, no sliding windows no flares and no third row! It was very high mileage but I did not care as it was going to be a rebuilder and I would have put a 1Hdt in it, but the seller was a flake! He was asking $3000, we agreed on$2500, he then went silent, a week later it was back on cracklist for $6000.00!

As I recall when this was discussed a few years back is that vehicles to be sold in California and New York had different emission requirements therefore the differences as compared to other states. I believe that is documented in my 94 FSM. When I get time I'll try to locate that info.

My 11/92 lived in California all its life till I bought it.

Oh, forgot an "option"...
...R12 A/C :worms:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom