Help ID Mystery plug near #6 injector 1993 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swamp-thing

SILVER Star
Threads
Replacing valve cover & noticed this random mystery connector plug near #6 injector.... it’s taped to the harness and not connected to or near anything as far as I can tell.... mine is melted from resting on something hot.... anyway, I would like to know what it’s supposed to connect to if someone knows??!

My model is a 1993

TIA

C23459E1-171F-4037-A34F-D8530891C548.jpeg
3D3BD438-2474-4723-B2EA-7E0720A47802.jpeg

Also, any ideas on what i can use to cover / wrap all that s***pile of wires? Thnx

There is a valve, with a bolt threaded into the hole where the sensor would go, it’s as old and as rusty as the egr so I assume it was either this way originally?? Or someone blocked it off a long long time ago.... in either case seems like Mystery Solved!!! Thanks @Railwelder93 !!

Last edited:
Yep. Bolt confirms, someone already got it “tested”. Temp sensor has been removed and plugged.

No problem.
That plug looks f’d. Maybe cut it off and butt connector the wires together (90%sure no resistor needed on 93, confirm before doing it)

Or you could leave it if no CEL. If you get a code 71 that melted connector will be the culprit

Currently no cel, i’ll see if i can dig up code history...thanks for the info!! It’s in a not-so-easy to access spot, so I might try to sort it out before I button up the valve cover....

Currently no cel, i’ll see if i can dig up code history...thanks for the info!! It’s in a not-so-easy to access spot, so I might try to sort it out before I button up the valve cover....
I did mine recently, so it happened to be fresh in my mind. No problem, and good luck!

My 93 looks like it has a factory plug sealing that connector. No cel so
No need to do anything with it, leave it alone if it has the plug in it.

My 80 is a 12/92 build date.... I wonder if that makes a difference? There is no factory plug on the connector end, but seeing how it’s melted from hitting the egr tube, it could have easily come off in the plastic melt process. What build dates do you guys have on yours?

06/93. I noticed mine when I pulled the intake manifold. Connector is melted in half. My EGR has a bolt as old as the EGR like yours.

My connector is melted about in half too, seeing a trend!
But yours had a factory plug on the connector? Or a factory plug at the EGR valve?
Or both?

My connector is melted about in half too, seeing a trend!
But yours had a factory plug on the connector? Or a factory plug at the EGR valve?
Or both?
There's a plug on the EGR. There's also a connector (half melted) for the temperature sensor. Maybe they designed it for a sensor, but the sensors didn't make it to the factory until half way through 1993?

@fjbj40 what's the build date on your 93 that had no EGR temp sensor but had the connector for one?
@Railwelder93 what build date is yours?

I wonder if there's a cutoff date for this?
I can’t remember.

I’ll be away from my truck for a few weeks, but I’ll look when I get back and post an update.

So is it fair to say that if the EGR is present, but that plug is loose and a bolt's in the sensor hole, that that is from the factory?
Can't imagine just removing the sensor but leaving everything else in place would be a sufficient 'delete' action.
My '93 has that plug, wrapped in a thick, rubbery tape of some sort (way thicker than electrical/vinyl tape), and draped over the valve cover.
I'll check the build date tonight, but I feel it's later '93....like August or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom