Help I need Bushing removal tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone Local - NorCal - Help me out by loaning or selling me the Bushing tool needed to press out/in the Front control arm bushings?

I though I could wing it with a harbor frieght tool set, but no dice.:bang:

Thanks much

You can use sockets of the right diameter, if you have them. There's lots of 80's in Norcal, someone will probably help you out.

-Spike

Thanks Spike! That was going to be my next step. I just didn't want to buy a socket for that when I could get the right tool.

Bummer no Norcal 80's have chimed in! :confused:

Man, I tried using a socket but the one I chose had a hard time catching the thin edges of the bushing. I tried a smaller size to fit inside the metal edges of the bushings and since they were corroded in so tight, the socket simply pushed out the insides! I don't know your resources, but I found a friend with a lathe and some scrap round aluminum that we were able to shave down to the correct size for pressing the bushings, much like the slee design, worked great, and was soft enough not to cause damage to the walls of the control arms. Good luck!!

You can press out the rubber and use a hack saw to cut the metal sleeve if need be. It sucks, but it will get it if nothing else will. Mine were good and stuck after 165K and it was hard even with a 12k press.

Man, I tried using a socket but the one I chose had a hard time catching the thin edges of the bushing. I tried a smaller size to fit inside the metal edges of the bushings and since they were corroded in so tight, the socket simply pushed out the insides! I don't know your resources, but I found a friend with a lathe and some scrap round aluminum that we were able to shave down to the correct size for pressing the bushings, much like the slee design, worked great, and was soft enough not to cause damage to the walls of the control arms. Good luck!!

That's exactly what I ended up doing, my Driveline guy helped me, and with all other arms too. Those B#$@%'s were in there good ... Good luck! :cheers:

bushing tool

I think I still have mine pm me your address and I can send it over the hill. It is a little messed up since it is aluminium and the bushings are hard to get out. Slee also sells them for around 20.00 I think.

Pm'd You Harper68!!

Thanks for your help:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom