1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, I am a Slob

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by bad_religion_au, Jul 21, 2005.

1. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

as the heading says, i've been doing alot of evaluating, and i've realised that there is only a certain quality of women that will put up with a slob

so tips guys, how do i become more "refineD".

i will always work on my junk.

grease stains will occur on some shirts

mud is inevitable

and salt water may make my hair stick up at times,

but i'm sick of having no class.

so school me, ettiquette, dress, customs, tips secrets, whatever :d

and tyler, you mention shaving nuts and i'm as good as in canada to cut yours off :grinpimp:

2. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

i would suggest finding a neat freak little lady to do it all for ya. i'm a slob too. my problem is i am way too active to worry about what i am wearing. i'm not about to let those nice polo kakis stop me from diving under the hood of a stranded fem or getting out of my truck when there is mud on the ground. its hot as hell down here..... so i shavos the huevos. :idea:

3. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

read carefully there is a funny typo.....hood :censor:

4. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

lol

umm the drama is, well kinda is, there is this girl (seems to be all there is). i swore i was off women for life and bam she broad sided me, outta nowhere.

she is a neat freak, and i just feel... inadequate around her. hence the title.

if i can woo her, then yes she will clean for me :grinpimp: but hey, i'm ****en sick of havin no class

5. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

dont worry about it, slob plus neat freak can create some fun tension... no reason changing you for someone else... UGH!

6. red dirt squirt

red dirt squirt

hey look at the bright side: you can get her dirty and then she can clean up afterwards.

7. patride71

patride71

no worries. she'll rub off on you if you guys get serious. i know my ex was a neat freak and she did. my wife is a neat freak too, so basically i have become somewhat of a neat freak over time....i used to be a slob, but i think i prefer being a neat freak instead.

8. Arya Ebrahimi

Arya Ebrahimi

brush your hair or find a hairstyle that doesn't require much maintenance

try and dedicate certain clothes to wrenching/wheelin/getting dirty and others that are your "clean" clothes. I usually buy a bunch of cheap surfshop t-shirts and the beginning of each summer $30 gets you 5 or 6 and then last years shirts which are starting to get holes in them become my dirty shirts. Keeps things simple.

The important thing to remember is a lot of what kind of impression you make comes from the condition of your clothes, not the name brand or style. If your clothes are clean and orderly, you will come across as much more respectable than someone with stains on their shorts, their shirt half tucked in, etc.

Ary

9. Biff

Biff

One thing I learned being married for five years now, is never hide who you are in real life. When I started going out with my wife she saw my condo, and how much of a slob I was, never hid the fact I worked on my car, wore jeans 99% of the time, and was just a regular guy. I'm not saying you're going to marry this chic, but you never know. Five years later I'm a happy camper, the wife accepts me for who I am and understands that I need time with my cruiser, garage, tools, you name it. So if she doesn't like who you really are I say stay a slob, and look else where. Chics are not worth sacraficing or hiding who you really are.

10. macneill

macneill Rollin’ on 33s

A cool chick should like you for who you are and not your organizational skills.

However, they will prefer a guy who cares about how he looks. I'm not talking a primadonna or some metrosexual like me, but someone who differentiates the time wrenching, wheeling, hanging with the guys vs. time with her.

If you're gonna see her, clean yourself up. Put s*** away.

You don't need Laura freakin' Ashley sheets, but some clean ones will do.

Some decent comfortable sharp clothes and shoes, but not necessarily expensive ones.

Inevitably, girls will want to change you anyway, give them as little to work with as possible. :D

11. brian

brian SILVER Star

admitting you have a problem is the first step. come on now just 11 more steps......

12. chuglife

chuglife

i'm in the same boat (except i don't really care) my g/f is a neat freak, and i'm a "slob"... she showers 3+ times a day, brushes her teeth 4 times (before breakfast, after breakfast, after lunch, after dinner) and changes clothes at least 3 times... i brush my teeth twice, change clothes usually only after coming home from the gym, and shower before bed. she likes my musk, though :D

13. e9999

e9999 You want to do what...? Moderator

all cruiserheads are slobs! well, except for 100 owners of course... :D

14. LabRat11

LabRat11

Around my place organization is defined as .....

There's a pile for everything and everything is in its pile.

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

shoulda clarified, i'm not going to change "who i am" and it's not for this girl i'm changin, lately (the whole load) has been gettin to me, and i just look at myself and go man, i know i can be so much more... i was actually gettin disgusted at myself, but then this girly came along (purely friendship for now) and i started feeling real inadequate about my slobbishness... that's forced me into action that i wanted to take for the last 3 months.

i'm not changing what i do, more how i carry myself :D

16. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

this is what i mean, sharp clothes, i got no clue with, things like picking a resteraunt and crap like that... i just feel so errr white trash :D

so far she's cool with who i am, she thinks the 40's scary, my housemates are intimidating, (apart from the sense of humor her honesty is addictive) she knows i wrench... so that's all cool (especially the wrenching, she's into drift racing :D)

17. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

i'm not hiding it :D lol i knew i shoulda explained this

i'm not changin who i am, i will surf, wheel, snowboard, study, and wrench, if that's a problem i'll move on from her. but sometimes a guy just wants to feel good about himself :D

18. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

knew i could count on you for advice, lol i wish surf shops were like that over here, most the surf brands are australian, and we cop 50-60 bucks a T shirt....

anyway, hear you on the hair style. the presentation. will work on this side of things

now. more help :D

how to choose classy resteraunt (what to look for etc)
    ettiquette. - i know don't talk with your mouth full :D
    customs (i.e. coffee after a meal, drinks, what to do/wear first date, paying the bill at a classy restraunt etc)
    crap like that :D

ih8mud eye for the straight guy here we come :D