Help getting crank/cam backing plate off! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
So far it's one to one Land cruiser versus me with one to go. Please any help that you can if you have experienced this or know how to get these off.
Am I at the point that I need to drill these out? Or is there a better way that I can attack this?
IMG_20200609_101833.jpg

I have this a r e s impact tool with a flat head attachment and have been trying that. The stripped screw was a result from trying the impact gun on it which as you can see failed.
15917233349077770900210519050676.jpg

Do they sell these flathead screws anywhere... Asking for a friend.

I do believe I have seen them for sale before, or a link to a suitable alternative. Worst case you could dig up a few in the classifieds for free probably.

@airon23

$2.21 list at your local Toyota dealer. The original slotted screws are NLA.
Awesome. I've ordered them now but they didn't have them in stock. They'll be here by the end of the week.

Thank you guys for all the help. I knew I could rely on members of mud to lead me down the right path.

Like I mentioned, it really was about banging the screws with some force in to break them free. I did add some kroil to help it out. I'll post a video and some pictures about this stuff later on my build/refresh thread in my sig line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom