Help, FSM's @home, stock vehicle height? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am in the process of building a carport (maybe) and I just realized that I may not be able to fit inside after the 2.5" med. OME lift I am planning for sometime in the future. I have some leeway on the design, but I can't just make it 9ft high, the roof can only reach 7'6", not including the beams (2x8's or 2x6's).

I am running BFG285/75R16 right now (33's) and with the 2.5" lift I am guessing about 3-4" over stock. I haven't removed the stock luggage rack, but have plans for taking it off. I don't have my FSM at work. Can anyone tell me the stock height of a FZJ80? I searched and searched and didn't find a single answer, mostly just the lift height and some about now not fitting in the garage, something I am trying to avoid.

Just trying to prevent a trip home as I am suppose to secure the permits today, editing the site plan as we speak.

GeoRoss said:
I am in the process of building a carport (maybe) and I just realized that I may not be able to fit inside after the 2.5" med. OME lift I am planning for sometime in the future. I have some leeway on the design, but I can't just make it 9ft high, the roof can only reach 7'6", not including the beams (2x8's or 2x6's).

I am running BFG285/75R16 right now (33's) and with the 2.5" lift I am guessing about 3-4" over stock. I haven't removed the stock luggage rack, but have plans for taking it off. I don't have my FSM at work. Can anyone tell me the stock height of a FZJ80? I searched and searched and didn't find a single answer, mostly just the lift height and some about now not fitting in the garage, something I am trying to avoid.

Just trying to prevent a trip home as I am suppose to secure the permits today, editing the site plan as we speak.

This probably doesn't help, but I went out and measured my stocker, and the top of the roof rack crossbars, is around 74 1/2". I'm on 8 year old factory springs and I'm sure I've got a little sag going on.

:beer:
Rookie2

Edit: Oh.., and I'm on stock tires, with about 40% tread left.

Thanks, is that with 33's or stock tires? Anyway, it looks like I'll be using 2x6 cross beams.

Ross

Rookie2 said:
This probably doesn't help, but I went out and measured my stocker, and the top of the roof rack crossbars, is around 74 1/2". I'm on 8 year old factory springs and I'm sure I've got a little sag going on.

:beer:
Rookie2

Edit: Oh.., and I'm on stock tires, with about 40% tread left.

Funny timing. I made a late-night trip last night to check various parking garages...

97, factory rack, OME 2.5, 285s, 20mm trim packers up front, ARB bull up front...

Three garages:

CLEARANCE 6'9" - had about 2-3 inches left
CLEARANCE 6'5" - had maybe an inch left
CLEARANCE 6'6" - 1 inch TOO SHORT...

someone's lying but that at least gives you a range...

Thanks for the replies. I have plenty of room and now the LC won't have to sit out in the sun, or under a tree getting bird poop all over it.

Thanks again

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom