Help, FSM's @home, stock vehicle height?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by GeoRoss, Aug 2, 2005.

1. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

I am in the process of building a carport (maybe) and I just realized that I may not be able to fit inside after the 2.5" med. OME lift I am planning for sometime in the future. I have some leeway on the design, but I can't just make it 9ft high, the roof can only reach 7'6", not including the beams (2x8's or 2x6's).

I am running BFG285/75R16 right now (33's) and with the 2.5" lift I am guessing about 3-4" over stock. I haven't removed the stock luggage rack, but have plans for taking it off. I don't have my FSM at work. Can anyone tell me the stock height of a FZJ80? I searched and searched and didn't find a single answer, mostly just the lift height and some about now not fitting in the garage, something I am trying to avoid.

Just trying to prevent a trip home as I am suppose to secure the permits today, editing the site plan as we speak.

2. Rookie2

Rookie2

This probably doesn't help, but I went out and measured my stocker, and the top of the roof rack crossbars, is around 74 1/2". I'm on 8 year old factory springs and I'm sure I've got a little sag going on.

:beer:
    Rookie2

Edit: Oh.., and I'm on stock tires, with about 40% tread left.

3. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

Thanks, is that with 33's or stock tires? Anyway, it looks like I'll be using 2x6 cross beams.

Ross

4. tiorio

tiorio

Funny timing. I made a late-night trip last night to check various parking garages...

97, factory rack, OME 2.5, 285s, 20mm trim packers up front, ARB bull up front...

Three garages:

CLEARANCE 6'9" - had about 2-3 inches left
    CLEARANCE 6'5" - had maybe an inch left
    CLEARANCE 6'6" - 1 inch TOO SHORT...

someone's lying but that at least gives you a range...

5. GeoRoss

GeoRoss

Thanks for the replies. I have plenty of room and now the LC won't have to sit out in the sun, or under a tree getting bird poop all over it.

Thanks again

Ross

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.