Help from other FZJ80 owners-Certification Label info needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Folks,

I own a 1996 White (leather Oak interior) FZJ80 with factory lockers. I'm in the process of trying to get a new certification label (door sticker) for it. It appears to have been removed at some point by a PO. I suspect there was some body damage to the DS fender and DS door at some point since these are the only two body parts missing the VIN security stickers. So much for a clean Car Fax report...

Anyway, the dealership has given me a form to fill out and it requires some information from the old label which I don't have. I've dug around using the search function and found some of the info but was hoping some of you could check your labels to confirm what I've found and fill in the missing pieces.

Here's what I need checked/confirmed:

VIN: This one was easy to find!
Vehicle Model: FZJ80L-GNPEKA (could some '96 owners confirm?)
Production Date: 12/95 (I got this from the Car Fax report)
GVWR: 6470 (could some '96 owners confirm?)
GAWR: FRT ???? RR ???? (need these)
C/TR: 045/???? (need the trim code for Oak leather interior)
A/T: K294/A343F (could some '96 owners confirm?)

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:
Technically a '97, manufactured in '96. Should be mostly the same stuff (minus the trim code, mine's gray), at least this will give you a starting point! :cheers:
IMAG0384.jpg

How much is this costing you? I need to replace mine as well.

matt60/80

It shouldn't cost me a thing. Although it has been a better part of a year since I started the process. I got a lot of "we're working on it" from the service rep everytime I called to check up on the progress (every couple of months). I called toyota customer service (for a third time) to try and see if I could move the process along a little faster. Lo and behold a week later I got a call for the customer service rep at the dealership and she faxed me the form. The only hiccup now is that the form she sent states that the old label must accompany the request for anew one. Well that's not going to happen since it was gone when I bought the truck. I'm not sure if this is going to be a sticking point or not. I'll update this thread with the final outcome.

matt60/80

It shouldn't cost me a thing. Although it has been a better part of a year since I started the process. I got a lot of "we're working on it" from the service rep everytime I called to check up on the progress (every couple of months). I called toyota customer service (for a third time) to try and see if I could move the process along a little faster. Lo and behold a week later I got a call for the customer service rep at the dealership and she faxed me the form. The only hiccup now is that the form she sent states that the old label must accompany the request for anew one. Well that's not going to happen since it was gone when I bought the truck. I'm not sure if this is going to be a sticking point or not. I'll update this thread with the final outcome.

talk to the body shop manager at the dealership. they should have experience dealing with this. and, you are correct, there should be no charge for the sticker. the form you fill out will have to be notorized, so you will probably have to go to the dealership and sign their notary's log book. the old label does not need to accompany it. i've ordered more than a few, when trucks get wrecked and the label is destroyed.

nuclearlemon,

Thanks for the insight. I quickly learned that my first mistake was trying to get this done at a dealership with no body shop (i.e no experience doing this). Its good to know the old label isn't a neccesity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom