Help for front and rear springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought this MAF Safari lift a few months back and I and finally have some time this weekend to work on it. MAF did not specify as to which spring is the front or rear. Does anyone have any clue?
Picture or Video 060.jpg
Picture or Video 061.jpg

It's been a while but I seem to remember the longer spring goes in the back.
Call MAF, you paid the big bucks to get a little customer service.

Check this thread from FAQ.............specifically post #6......

I guess you are saying it does not matter and I can switch them?

Ed

It's been a while but I seem to remember the longer spring goes in the back.
Call MAF, you paid the big bucks to get a little customer service.

I don't know if I would call it big bucks but they are closed over the weekend and I was looking for some info to see if anyone knew about these springs because they don't come with instructions and I want to get something done this weekend. I put the longer springs on the front with no load on the front. (pic below) Caster angle looks bad, but when I push up on the spring the shackle moves towards the positive about one inch. For final with full load not sure yet how far yet. I guess I will find out when its all together.

Rudy
Picture or Video 062.jpg

I have the same kit. Mine also came with instructions. I will see if I still have those.

Well I did not need my instructions. As I was in the garage this morning drinking coffee I noticed the numbers still visible on the springs. 444414 are the rear springs, 444404 are the fronts. Good Luck, Dan.

Thanks Dan,

Thats the way I started just wanted some reassurance before I did the others.

Rudy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom