Help finding o-ring from lower line to AC Condenser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Closed off rear AC on my 02 LX, filled my AC up. Was happy with the cold AC then I looked to find this leak.

Trying to find an OEM seal or equivalent so it doesn't all leak out/wreck my compressor. I can see the PAG46 oil leaking out as it's the lowest point.

20190721_184040.jpg

20190721_184043.jpg

Any luck with this? I had the same leak and I think I pushed it too hard because now my AC won't even turn on. About to have it looked at and want to be prepared with options.

It looks like you can't buy an OEM condensor anymore, so I'm hoping it can simply be repaired with some new gaskets.

Any luck with this? I had the same leak and I think I pushed it too hard because now my AC won't even turn on. About to have it looked at and want to be prepared with options.

It looks like you can't buy an OEM condensor anymore, so I'm hoping it can simply be repaired with some new gaskets.
No luck. Brought it even to an AC shop and they couldn't get a fitting from dealer or find a gasket that fits.

I used O-rings from Autozone. Came in a pack with a bunch of sizes. You could try some 1500 grit sandpapaer, roll it up and polish the inside surface of the condenser side a little. If that doesn't work, and the hardline looks OK, time for a new condenser.

Also, grab some Nylog blue sealant. Be careful with that bolt. Really easy to overtighten and strip or shear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom