Help - finding a part for a 1970. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

After an extremely long journey (engine rebuilder, paint etc) my 40 is about ready to come back home. My mechanic has been working non-stop trying to get the finishing touches on it - and boy did he get close. All I am missing is a hazard knob/switch for a 7/70 - 9/72 FJ40.

I know we have a classifieds section, and trust me when I say I have scoured it to no avail. I've tried SOR, CCOT, Cruisercorps and everywhere else I can think of. So, am now turning to you guys to see if anyone might have a source I could contact.

I am sure my friend/mechanic would be even happier to receive it so he no longer has to put up with me :D

If anyone has one, or knows where I might find one, please let me know. I need the one with the 7-wires.

Thanks guys,
Jonny

Mods - I understand this would go in the classifieds, but if you could let this thread get some exposure in this section I would really appreciate it :cheers:

Did you try classic cruisers Home
They may have used ones.

Mine has a little red pull out knob. Not sure if it is factory, if it is what you are looking for I would be willing to sell it ORRRRR trade it for something I need. I'm not trying to go 100% original and I may just put in a switch panel, so yea.

Did you try classic cruisers Home
They may have used ones.

I did not - I will take a look now. Thank you :)

Mine has a little red pull out knob. Not sure if it is factory, if it is what you are looking for I would be willing to sell it ORRRRR trade it for something I need. I'm not trying to go 100% original and I may just put in a switch panel, so yea.

I have painstakinly tried to give this as stock as possible, so I am looking for OEM. The stock one should be black. Are you saying your entire knob is red, or just the logo on it?

Thanks guys,
Jonny

It's the whole knob. Just a plain red pull out with no emblem

OK, unfortunately that isn't what I am looking for - but I certainly appreciate your offer to help. Thank you :cheers:

Found one in California, but the gentleman only takes money orders. By the time I mail the money there and he mails it back, I wouldn't have it by this weekend which is my ultimate goal.

The search continues :)

Jonny

I have shot him a PM but haven't heard back yet :cheers:

Thank you sir,

Jonny

To make sure you get the right one, as there were several different switch styles depending on year. Here's a shot of my dash with the hazard switch. Mine is a 9/1970 production FJ40 and as far as I can tell the switch is stock. If you need a better picture I can take a close up, as this is a cell phone shot. Cheers.

Picture%20028.jpg

To make sure you get the right one, as there were several different switch styles depending on year. Here's a shot of my dash with the hazard switch. Mine is a 9/1970 production FJ40 and as far as I can tell the switch is stock. If you need a better picture I can take a close up, as this is a cell phone shot. Cheers.

Picture%20028.jpg

Firstly - WOW - your dash is spotless. Looks amazing :clap:

Secondly, thank you for taking the time to do that. It is greatly appreciated as I wasn't 100% sure how the late 70 switch looked. Thank you again.

Regards,
Jonny

Did you check with Mark at Mark's Off Road? But he's in CA and dislikes PayPal so maybe you already did.

Did you check with Mark at Mark's Off Road? But he's in CA and dislikes PayPal so maybe you already did.

Yes - I spoke with him. Don't really have the time to wait for mailing money order unfortunately, otherwise I would happily work with him. Maybe Trollhole will come to the rescue soon :clap:

Jonny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom