Help - expertise needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have just bought an FJ40 and am trying to figure out what year and what motor it has...even Toyota Australia can't help me.
Engine no is F253739 ...so is it the low or high power version?
Chassis no is FJ40GVW4500, has key on the dash, wipers on top of the screen, power assisited discs on front (may not be original)
Can anyone help???

there should be an ID plate on the firewall at the top left as you look at the engine. That will have the engine and color code information on it.

The year should be on the title.

post up a picture

Last edited:
Thanks guys, any one got any clues as to how to tell if the motor is the 105 or 125 hp version?? Engine no F253739

Thanks guys, any one got any clues as to how to tell if the motor is the 105 or 125 hp version?? Engine no F253739

It's not a 105 or 125. Where did you even here about those? :D

Most likely F135, one barrel carb, siamese port head. F155 went to the different head two barrel carb.

See below which is extract from http://en.wikipedia.org

Engines
Over the years Toyota has changed the engines used in the J40 series. The B series motor is a 4 cylinder diesel, and the H series a 6 cylinder diesel. The diesel engined trucks were never sold to the general public in the USA, though some found their way in as mine trucks. The engines are similar, within the series. For example, the F and 2F engines share many of the same parts, however. H and 2H are almost another thing. There are individual models within the engine series, for example, there is a F125 engine, and a F155 engine, all in the F series with different power ratings. Here is a list of some of them (the power and torque figures may vary depending on the market):

Petrol Engine Capacity (l) Power (hp) Torque (lb-ft) Used
F 3.8 105/125 hp 189/209 1960-1975
2F 4.2 135 hp 210 1975-1984

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom