Help: Electrical Component ID and part number question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DrRock

SILVER Star
Threads
Hello All,
As I work through the engine bay fixing crimes from a previous owner, I stumbled on to this. Can anyone let me know what this small black component does which is bolted to wheel well below the coil, is it stock, where the missing wire should go and what the part number is? I see a factory wire nearby that has a wire but on it which begs the question if this was connected to the broken off wire.

Thanks in advance for the help!
1D70A94B-C26F-4221-9842-39E8CD49E031.jpeg

it originally connected to that blue connector in the top left corner of your picture....clearly the wire broke and someone tried to use a house electrical nut to reconnect it. The black wire connects to ground.

TOYOTA 90980-04038 Radio Setting Condenser

I believe it just helps to suppress feedback from the ignition from distorting the radio signal

it originally connected to that blue connector in the top left corner of your picture....clearly the wire broke and someone tried to use a house electrical nut to reconnect it. The black wire connects to ground.

TOYOTA 90980-04038 Radio Setting Condenser

I believe it just helps to suppress feedback from the ignition from distorting the radio signal
Thanks Seth, I’ll put this on the list but not a high priority. In the middle of steering knuckle overhaul.

Hello All,
As I work through the engine bay fixing crimes from a previous owner, I stumbled on to this. Can anyone let me know what this small black component does which is bolted to wheel well below the coil, is it stock, where the missing wire should go and what the part number is? I see a factory wire nearby that has a wire but on it which begs the question if this was connected to the broken off wire.

Thanks in advance for the help!
View attachment 2410396

When you get the time, remove that coil and clean the contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom