Help deciding on fj please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys,
I'm planning on importing an fj from south America,
They have a lot to choose from so my brain 8s killing me.
fj43s I'm looking at options w hard top or soft top, years from 71 to 82s.
What should I focus on mostly when looking for one.
Most look great and well maintained. Engine and body wise.
Thanks for any input.
Some of the ones im looking at attached

Screenshot_20220313-161821_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220313-161804_Facebook.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0035.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0005.jpg

Hello guys,
I'm planning on importing
Most look great and well maintained.
LOLOLOLOL....LOLOLA
Everything will need looked over with a fine toothed comb
They are not well maintained....in fact most barely know the meaning of the word.

I need to find one that I like so I can have em bring em to a shop to go over everything but i need to pick one so that's what I'm trying to find out what should I focus on when looking for one.
Thx.

Just say no to South American landcruisers.

I need to find one that I like so I can have em bring em to a shop to go over everything but i need to pick one so that's what I'm trying to find out what should I focus on when looking for one.
Thx.
Every thing needs focused on....thats the problem with them.
A truck load of bondo and fresh paint makes them look all shiney and nice..but they hide demons.

Looking at them in person is the only thing you can do, going by pictures is like rolling loaded dice.

Look at the bottom of the bib on the blue one. Looks like Bondo or rust coming thru. The mustard color look how poorly the the fuel fill door fits. Look at the alignment of the hood to the cowl and apron. Curious do you have a personal connection with a shop to do an inspection. Lack of any before restore pictures you have no clue what's needed to be done to the body. Mechanical is a complete unknown. Think before I bought would have to be imported already and get a party who knows the 40 series and has zero vested interest in it do an inspection.

Curious, what is the cost of these delivered? There are/were two good looking FJ40s listed in the for sale section of this website recently. Is the delivered cost low enough for the risk?

Hello guys,
I'm planning on importing an fj from south America,
They have a lot to choose from so my brain 8s killing me.
fj43s I'm looking at options w hard top or soft top, years from 71 to 82s.
Most look great and well maintained. Engine and body wise.
Thanks for any input.
Some of the ones im looking at attached

View attachment 2951474

View attachment 2951475

View attachment 2951476

View attachment 2951477

View attachment 2951479

use my Columbia Spec. 1983 FJ43L-KC as a starting point and work only upwards and onwards .....................

and NO T-100 5 star alloys wheel rims , that's huge RED FLAG ! \

please ...........like above ?

- HIRE a Independent 3rd party expert to personally evaluate your final choice or choices , this is a MUST DO STEP By STEP

if your not a expert your self or new the world of land cruisers in general

straight talk u need to hear and use apply it 100%

DSCN6583.JPG
DSCN6588.JPG
DSCN6589.JPG
DSCN6594.JPG
IMG_9213.JPG

DSCN3886.JPG

DSCN3888.JPG

DSCN3889.JPG

THIS IS THE WAY.............

DSCN3985.JPG

Look at the bottom of the bib on the blue one. Looks like Bondo or rust coming thru. The mustard color look how poorly the the fuel fill door fits. Look at the alignment of the hood to the cowl and apron. Curious do you have a personal connection with a shop to do an inspection. Lack of any before restore pictures you have no clue what's needed to be done to the body. Mechanical is a complete unknown. Think before I bought would have to be imported already and get a party who knows the 40 series and has zero vested interest in it do an inspection.
We just gonna ignore this

046B694E-9397-4B32-B1AD-772D04CC3134.jpeg

I think the blue one used to be white. Looks like they shut the hood b4 the paint was dry.

As for the op's question, I prefer a hard top.

Well maintained radiator in that blue one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom