Help! Debris in top of Cylinder...šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been slowly base lining my new to me 99 LC. Iā€™m not a mechanic by any means so this is definitely a rookie mistake made by a guy that happens to know just enough to be dangerous. So on to my tale of woe. While I was taking the valve cover off of the passenger side the coil packs were insanely difficult to remove and one of the rubber ends got stuck to the top of the spark plug. While removing that rubber from the spark plug a small piece of the rubber broke off. Didnā€™t realize that had happened, so I continued and took the spark plug out. Looking back down in I saw the small piece. I went to pull the little bit out, as luck would have it I fumbled the extract and watched the piece fall all the way down to the top of the cylinder....any idea if I just button it back up will it be ok? Or any idea on how to get it out?
To the helpful few that see my plight Iā€™ve already tried turning whole truck upside down and shaking but the forklift wasnā€™t strong enough. šŸ˜‰

D9058EE2-380A-4C13-B7DF-9D2319E4FDD1.jpeg

2E12C570-87D0-4478-89EE-668C29EDB693.jpeg

Can you vacuum it out?

Turn it over with the plug out and EFI fuse pulled so it doesn't start, see if compression shoots it out?
Either that or just button her up and start her. She will pass it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom