HELP!! Dash/Stereo/Electronics OUT! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2004 Land Cruiser

Started the engine up this morning and the dash is completely out except for an ABS and Brake light lit up. No indicators, no gauges, no trip. Had to use the manual release to get the vehicle out of gear. Turned the truck on and off a few times but nothing changed.
Took the wife’s car to work and will check fuses when I get home but thought I’d see if anyone else knows what the issue is.
Thanks for your help!

a common issue with 2004's ?

a common issue with 2004's ?
These seems to be an issue with the stereo/console only I think. I’m having an issue with basically all my electronics out.

*update*
Checked every fuse under the hood and in the drivers and passenger side kick plates- all look good. Never checked a relay before but that will be the next thing I’ll have to figure out.
The only things that seems to have power are the dome lights and the dashboard warning lights.
The gauge cluster, stereo/center console, doors, even the remote locks are all dead. ☹️

@jlope any update to this? I think I have something similar going on in my 06 LX470
I've had strange occurrences with my 06 LX as well. At times the volume to the stereo is unresponsive. There have been times where the Audio functions cease to work and the trip information remains blank. Recently after starting the vehicle the ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF and emergency Brake lights on the dash all stay lit up after the car has been turned on. Everything functions perfectly fine and in all cases the aforementioned disappeared once I turned the vehicle on and off. I have a 2001 LC that has never had any electrical problems so this one has me concerned.

@jlope any update to this? I think I have something similar going on in my 06 LX470
Yes! It was the fusible link. It’s the large fuse housed in the plastic box next to the fuse box. I never had a vehicle with one before the LC. Cost about $70 from the dealer and it took about 5 mins to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom